Can't record anything

pgriffith
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

pgriffith

Hi all

I'm a complete newcomer to MediaPortal, wanted to start looking at a replacement for Windows Media Center.

Built a temporary box with a dual tuner card, and installed MP1 on it. It works fine locally, can watch live TV, record, playback recorded etc etc.

Running Emby 3.2.17.0 with MP plugin 1.5.1.0 and have MPExtended 0.6.0.4 installed.

Guide is working fine, got Australian xml guide data installed no problems. Can playback recorded TV that's been recorded on the local box fine.

The issue I have is when I go to the guide and try to Record, or Record Series all that happens is I get the spinning circle come up, and it will stay there forever.

I have tried from the Server web interface, Emby Theatre 2.7.8, the latest beta for Android and the Windows store version.

All exhibit the spinning circle forever.

Output of log attached from the point of clicking record and it settling back in to doing nothing. Has errors, no idea what they mean though.

Cheers

Record TV Log.txt

• Solution
pünktchen

After every tvguide.xml import in TVServer you have to trigger a guide refresh in Emby because the program id's don't match anymore.

I for myself let the TVServer import a new tvguide.xml every day at 7.00AM. In Emby i've modified the guide refresh task to start every day at 7.15AM.

• Like 1

pgriffith

Well hot damn, that was the problem.

Thanks heaps for that pünktchen, I'll change my scheduled task time to slightly after my import time.