Anyone Having Problems With tRAID Storage Pool Dropping Off During MB3 Scan?

kkhan

I have been trialing tRAID which I have found to be generally very impressive getting sustained write speeds of 55MB/s. tRAID and MB3 are installed on the same hardware platform (HP Microserver with 3x3TB HDD array for media).

However, the stability of the storage pool is causing concern; every time MB3 scans the media library the storage pool drops (not immediately but during the scan) with the NZFSB service crashing.  I then have to restart the service and start the storage pool again.

Anyone seen this behavior?  I have verified that it only happens when MB3 scans the library and not when streaming.  So I can stream media and I have no problems though, of course, when the pool drops MB3 clients cannot access anything!  At the moment I have disabled all MB3 tasks other than the library scan to try to isolate the problem so do not know if the other scheduled tasks would cause the same behaviour.

Raised this issue at the FlexRAID forum as well but it is not a simple problem as the NZFSB service crashes with no error messages.

mguebert

I am running my system exactly as you describe, with both Traid and MB3 server running on the same platform. I do not have any problems with the NZFS service crashing.

Thanks.  The good news is that it should work; the bad is that I have to make it work.  Would be much appreciated if you could send me a screenshot of yout tRAID settings so that I compare mine to a reference that works.

mguebert

Thanks.  The good news is that it should work; the bad is that I have to make it work.  Would be much appreciated if you could send me a screenshot of yout tRAID settings so that I compare mine to a reference that works.

5302191187fbf_screenshot.jpg