Users have 2 Passwords?

ywecur
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ywecur

When I invite someone to my server and they link their emby connect account the password from their emby connect isn't the same as the one on the server. In fact, if they set no password on the server ANYONE can log into their account without any password and access all media on the server!

Is this expected behavior? Seems completely insane to me! Why do I have to set passwords for users who already have passwords for their emby connect accounts? 

Is there a way to disable login without access to their emby connect account?

Happy2Play

Well you could disable their User account so they only have access with their guest account.

Why are you inviting and making User accounts?

Edited by Happy2Play

ywecur

Well you could disable their User account so they only have access with their guest account.

Why are you inviting and making User accounts?

OK, maybe I'm completely mistaken here. I want my friends to be able to watch my media. What's the prefered way to do that? Right now I needed to create accounts for them

• Solution

if you use the Guest process in emby server dashboard, then they cannot login locally and must use their Emby Connect credentials (which yes, always have a password). However - if you first create a local Emby user, and then after you link that to an Emby Connect user, then either login method is possible.

it sounds like you want to use the guest feature.

• Like 1