Bug: Switching Profiles

Lane03

Lane03

Using version 3.0.24 if I sign in with one profile (I have mine prompt at launch) then at the main menu I press * and select sign out and then select a different profile it still keeps me signed in with previous profile.

dcook

I have the same issue, press * select sign out and click on another profile it takes you back to the previous profile.

The only way to make it work is to press the Roku home button which closes the app and then open the app again.

I have the same issue, press * select sign out and click on another profile it takes you back to the previous profile.

The only way to make it work is to press the Roku home button which closes the app and then open the app again.

Does it work if you don't sign out first?

Lane03

Does it work if you don't sign out first?

How do you switch users without going to sign out first?

How do you switch users without going to sign out first?

Just go straight to "Select Server", pick a different (or the same) server, and then pick a different user.

Lane03

Just go straight to "Select Server", pick a different (or the same) server, and then pick a different user.

Still doesn't work. Not a huge deal as I can press the home button and relaunch the app, but I thought you would want to know.

Edited by Lane03

dcook

Well kind of a big deal, as there is no quick way to change users, closing the app and relaunching is rather slow because you have to go through the server selection process again as well.

I suggest again, instead of making the back button display the dialog box asking if we are sure we want to quit, make the back button stop at the user selection screen first before confirming exit of the app.

Still doesn't work. Not a huge deal as I can press the home button and relaunch the app, but I thought you would want to know.

Lane03

Well kind of a big deal, as there is no quick way to change users, closing the app and relaunching is rather slow because you have to go through the server selection process again as well.

I suggest again, instead of making the back button display the dialog box asking if we are sure we want to quit, make the back button stop at the user selection screen first before confirming exit of the app.

That would be nice, as I bet most people don't use the back button to exit and simply hit the home button.

dcook

I agree, hitting the home button and relaunching the app seems to be the quickest way to switch users.

It would be nice if they made it simple to switch users inside the app, as relaunching the app takes time since you have to go through the server selection first before the user selection screen.

That would be nice, as I bet most people don't use the back button to exit and simply hit the home button.

I'll take a look.  If this is broken, it is a recent development (something in one of the last few updates).