API key changes every time I update

tymanthius

tymanthius

I'm on the beta, and every time I apt-get upgrade the api changes.

This is a huge annoyance as I use the Ombi requests system that relys on the api.

any idea why this is?

tymanthius

If you go to the dashboard, and at the bottom you click 'api' that pops up a 'dead' page, but it includes the API key in it.  However, it seems that any time I run update, which can be frequently as I'm on the beta, it changes the API key.  Is there a setting I'm missing that causes this?

It generally only changes when you actually log in and log out, however, this is internal implementation detail of the communication between web app and server. I really would not suggest hacking into it.

tymanthius

That seems like a bad design for api.  I mean, isn't the point of the api to be able to interact w/ the server w/o having to worry about login/logout?  It should stay the same until you find you need to change it.

Except you're not talking about the API, you're talking about the private storage of a particular Emby app.

tymanthius

I don't understand.  I'm logged into the emby server from <localip>:8096, then go to Manage Server, then on the dashboard I click 'api' at the bottom.  How is that "private storage of a particular Emby app"?

And if that were true, how could Ombi pull server info from an app?

That api link is the interactive api documentation, which has been out of commission for a few releases now but will come back in a future update.