RokuTV Asterisk (Options) Button

SmplyUnprdctble

SmplyUnprdctble

Prior to the Preview / Beta app going live, this worked "fine".  Now, it doesn't.

On the RokuTV, when I'm watching a stream, I can hit the * button and it brings up a "side menu" that has various options for the TV -- e.g. Brightness, Contrast, Sleep Timer, etc.

In the way old version of the app, this worked fine.

In the Preview / Beta, it would allow the TV's popup up, and the Emby Playback Options (Select Audio; Select Subtitle) would show up.  It was a minor annoyance, but seemed like the only availability based on the few buttons on the remote.

In the current Preview / Beta and Production apps, I hit the * and the TV's options flicker, but only bring Emby Playback Options.

As I said, primarily I use this to get to the Sleep Timer without having to leave the Emby environment (I can still get there, I just have to hit HOME and do it through the Settings).

I'm attaching a trio of files.

The first shows how the Options button works in Hulu (the screen that "cancels" to show Emby's Options)

The second is the [expected and unexpected] result of the Options button in Emby

The third is a 3-second video that shows what happens when I hit the Options button -- e.g. shows the TV's menu popping up then getting canceled.

As previously mentioned, this was working until about a week ago (when the Beta / Preview channel went live).  It's probably only a problem with the RokuTVs (since external Rokus wouldn't have this menu).

post-74969-0-38717100-1495940522_thumb.jpg

post-74969-0-68482600-1495940537_thumb.jpg

Options Button - TV Options Cancel.zip

Yes, this is actually by design because the Roku method of selecting subs and audio tracks is so non-standard and not like any of our other apps.

We will have to think of a way to manage this on the TVs.  Perhaps a last option on that menu to produce the standard one - if we can figure out how to do that...

• Like 1

SmplyUnprdctble

As I said, something changed from earlier versions of the Beta.

It WAS popping up both menus -- which, although not perfect, gets the job done for us with RokuTVs.  If you can somehow make it go back to that functionality, it'd be a decent workaround.  I, at least, didn't mind having both pop up. :)

Lane03

Press pause and then * and the TV menu will work. Still not ideal or intuitive, but at least it works.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
SmplyUnprdctble

This apparently has been resolved in a recent update.  I wound up hitting the Asterisk button by accident and saw the appropriate menu to get me to the options.  (using the non-beta Roku App)

Thanks! You rock!