Director Attribution

Theodore

Theodore

On the suggestions tab when viewing the movie library, one of the sections is "Directed by XXX". This seems to be having a problem as it is attributing director status to someone who is just in the movie. For example I recently watched a movie with Ben Affleck in it and the suggestion page shows "Directed by Ben Affleck" but none of the movies it shows were directed by him (SEE HERE). I verified in the metadata - both XML and NFO) that he is not attributed as the director.

What about when you select "Edit Info" for the movie in question and scroll down to the people listed there?

Theodore

What about when you select "Edit Info" for the movie in question and scroll down to the people listed there?

Just checked. Not listed as the director there either. It appears that Emby is picking a name from a recent movie and like the last section of Suggestions is pulling every movie they are in, but the display coding for that section is "Directed by XXX"

Oh, wait, I see you are talking about in the suggestions like "Because you watched...".

I imagine that is by design.  The thinking being that there aren't that many actor/director combos and, even then, you may be interested in items where they star as well as direct.

Theodore

Oh, wait, I see you are talking about in the suggestions like "Because you watched...".

I imagine that is by design.  The thinking being that there aren't that many actor/director combos and, even then, you may be interested in items where they star as well as direct.

That makes sense, but as it stands right now something about it needs to change. It used to actually be Directed By with only the movies that person directed (i.e. Ridley Scott, Martin Scorsese, Kevin Smith). If that was only one result in the library, then that was it and that is fine.

Emby either needs to revert to that behavior, or the heading of that group needs to change to "Starring" like the next group on that page.

• Like 1