Library Scan Stalling/Never Completes

beatter

beatter

Lately, like within the past week or so, I've noticed that the library scan will not complete. It always stalls at 74.9% 

I recall in the past that I had a similar issue and it turned out to be an issue with SMB permissions. The scan kept stalling at a folder that it did not have permissions for.

Is there a way to enable more verbose logging on the library scan so that I can maybe see where exactly it's getting stuck? I do have debug logging enabled already. 

So far, I have come across two movies that had invalid TMDB ids and caused 404 errors, I have updated them. In addition, I removed the Kodi Sync plugin, to no avail.

Attached is the log file from a restart, kickoff of the library scan, and then saved when the scan hit 74.9%. 

Any help will be appreciated!

server-63631404085.txt

Edited by beatter

beatter

No Log file attached.

Sorry, must've forgot to hit the final attach button >.< It's up now.

Ok, I see the log, thanks. If you'd to install the beta to see if that resolves your issue, that would be helpful.

Just be aware, there may be other changes that are a work in progress and you won't be able to switch back to stable until the current beta is promoted to stable. Thanks !

Hi @@beatter, please try removing these plugins and let us know if the issue persists

2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Channels.PlayOn, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=16.10.26.1413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading PsuedoLiveTV, Version=1.0.6349.25244, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading RokuMetadata, Version=3.0.6336.28606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading Statistics, Version=1.0.6352.33834, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-05-29 12:13:55.9372 Info App: Loading wmc2mb, Version=1.0.0.82, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Thanks !

Happy2Play

Is there a reason the content types are set on these movies/folders?

"ContentTypes":[{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 1 (2010)","Value":"movies"},{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\The Avengers (2012)","Value":"movies"},{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\Captain America- The First Avenger (2011)","Value":"movies"},{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\Captain America- The Winter Soldier (2014)","Value":"movies"},{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\Jurassic World (2015)","Value":"movies"},{"Name":"Z:\\Media\\Movies\\TRON- Legacy (2010)","Value":"movies"}]

beatter

What did you do after uninstalling them?

I restarted and kicked off a library scan, it always got stuck at 74.9%

I did discover the cause though. It was a collection that I had created to hold PlayOn items, I guess it didn't work well with dynamic channel content and caused the library scan to stall. I just deleted the collection and the library scan completed.

Thanks for the help

• Like 1