ET Not launching from Win+1 on the Taskbar

Sammy

Sammy

I use a harmony remote to launch an Activity that I call Emby Theater (I know, creative).

I have the harmony do the following sequence when starting up and use the Media Center SE Command Set to do it.

Input: Desktop

Pause

Command: Alt F4

Pause

Command Win+1 (ET is in position 1 on the taskbar)

I have the harmony do the following sequence when shutting off the system or switching Activities.

Stop

Pause

Alt F4

I use Alt F4 to close ET on exit and have it in the Activity Startup routine to ensure it is closed before attempting to open it.

Sometimes ET Launches but the taskbar is exposed and ET does not have focus. i have to grab my wireless keyboard and put ET into focus in order to use it.

Other times, ET does nothing at all and I'm just staring at the desktop and it is staring back at me. I have a soft button on the Harmony 900 called Emby Theater too which actually sends the Win+1 command. Nothing happens. I grab the keyboard and hit Win+1 and nothing. I even click on the ET icon on the taskbar and nothing happens. At times launching from the Start Button will fail as well. Other times it works as intended and loads ET right up, ready to go. This is so frustrating that I end up switching to the Roku 2 (4210XB) and loading it that way but the Roku doesn't do 23p (neither does ET at present) and it doesn't pass through lossless audio so that has it's drawbacks too but at least I can watch what I intend to launch.

It always launches, but will be slow to launch when it is unpacking an update. We will need to add a splash screen for that.

What exe path are you using to launch theater?

Sammy

It always launches, but will be slow to launch when it is unpacking an update. We will need to add a splash screen for that.

What exe path are you using to launch theater?

"C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe"

That's what shows up when I click properties under Start > All Programs > Emby > Emby Theater , which is what I pinned to the taskbar in Windows 7.

If I go to C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\ and try to run Emby.Theater.exe nothing happens. Hovering over that file or clicking properties says it is version 2.7.7 BTW.

Edited by Sammy

The app will remember the previous window state, so if you close the app while it is fullscreen, then on next launch it will run fullscreen.

Sammy

Yes but it actually has to load for that to happen. Right now it is sketchy on whether it loads or doesn't load.

Sammy

I found a version 2.7.8 all zipped up here:

C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\updates\

I unzipped it but haven't tried to launch it yet as i'm not sure if is supposed to be here or if I got it by mistake. The time stamp on the Zip is early this morning and the time stamp on ET 2.7.8 is later last night.

Try deleting that updates folder, then install 2.7.8 from the website. Once you have 2.7.8 installed,I don't think that will happen anymore for future updates after that. thanks.