Radeon's Roku 'Theme'

radeon

radeon

Firstly!

Please do not communicate with gcw07 regarding issues with the Roku client whilst using this theme.

Whilst there isn't any reason why this theme should cause issues, its not the official release and you should always revert back to the official release before contacting gcw07 about any issues you might have.

That said, I have spoken to gcw07 and confirmed he is happy for me to release the 'theme' to the community.

Important information

1) This technically isn't a theme but a custom build of the MB Roku client meaning the functionality you see could be different. Whilst I have not made any changes to the source code (other than a couple of hex colour changes), I cannot offer any guarantees that it will work the same as the official release.
2) It is based on the 1.17 build and will be updated to work with newer builds as they are released.
3) The SD colour scheme has not been changed. If they is a specific need for it then please let me know and I'll get to it! :-D

Installation
I believe this 'theme' needs to be side loaded onto your roku box. I'm using the Sky Now TV boxes which is definitely the case for them but I'm unsure as to the procedure for Roku's.
More details on sideloading onto the NowTV box can be found here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/689-guide-to-installing-mediabrowser3-onto-the-now-tv-box/

Screenshots

Home
home.jpg

Movies
movies.jpg

Movie Details
movie%20details.jpg

TV Shows
tv%20shows.jpg

Episodes Active
episodes%20active.jpg

Episodes Inactive
episodes%20inactive.jpg

Preferences
preferences.jpg

Toggle
toggle%20display.jpg

Download
You can find the zip for download here:
http://www.ballingtons.com/products

Edited by radeon
  • Like 4

CBers

Side-loaded without an issue and looks really nice.

Functionality seems the same as well, so I don't think you've broke anything ;)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@radeon so you finally released it ;)

Been using this theme for a couple of months now without a problem.

• Like 2

thejulianath20

Can't this be sent to the Roku store? I had 4 different versions of Plex from Roku store. 2 from Plex(official and Dev) and 2 from ljunkie called RarFlix Plex and RarFlix Plex Test/Dev

im85288

Can't this be sent to the Roku store? I had 4 different versions of Plex from Roku store. 2 from Plex(official and Dev) and 2 from ljunkie called RarFlix Plex and RarFlix Plex Test/Dev

We plan to include this as a selectable theme in the next official version sent to the roku store. Out of interest which features in any of those Plex versions do you feel are missing from the media browser version?

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

thejulianath20

I really miss PlexIt because I send youtube videos from work to home. Also on homescreen I had Recently Added on Top and then under I had On Deck. Then in TV I had Recently Added Unwatched on top row. Meaning it shows only Unwatched Recent episodes.

(*) "Info Button" now works in most areas of the RARFlix channel and in player it pulls up Subtitles.

Also I had Kids and Movies separated so I didn't see Recents for both lumped together.

im85288

Thank you for your feedback. Maybe you can request to see if there are plans to support a similar feature (for sending youtube videos) in a more general thread. The next version adds "Next Up" to the home screen which is equivalent to plex's On Deck functionality. 

As for separating the Kids/Movies the user support works very well, so I would suggest having a profile for the kids and allowing them to logon as needed.

The * "info Button" needs some work..but the next version contains the end time and rating of the videos...subtitle support is not something I am aware off at the moment, but I am sure will follow in time 

• Like 1