New emby scenegraph roku app

gzbruno

gzbruno

Hello,

i dont know how many of you are suffering the same way I am right now because the actual open source emby apps, the "official"  and the speechless' "blue neon night" are going to start becomming unusable starting @ july this year, and their final moribund breath has been programmed on death row @ 31 dec 2018. Emby staff said they wont make their new app open source at least for now, but im sure they wont, as Plex dont have a open source anymore, why would they? Maybe they have some mercy and share a basic code but there are no plans for it. 

I dont have the knowledge or skills to make my own scene graph app.

So I want to propose a work team, either to develop a new app or to find a solution for this issue. If others are willing to program, or are willing to unite to pay a programmer to get the app for us, please leave a message bellow so I know with who i can count on.

gzbruno

Why not just use the Emby app?

Because I cant name the app after my service or replace the logos. Also i need to make some changes in script for the server address to be embeded.

gzbruno

So you can't steal the app and call it your own? I'd be upset too.

Who said anything about stealing? just because you change the logo? so now youre not allowed to do this in open source codes? ide be still using the emby server and paying for premiere. also I said Im willing to pay for the programmer and later share it with other users who may need it, as i do now.

@@gzbruno Never mind that other fellow. Not even worth the text to spend on them. Sour people can only contribute sarcasm and insults. Avoid them.

Eventually I will put something together which will keep the same look and feel as the old app, as close as possible. Livetv is of no value to me so that part would be omitted. I cant give a timeframe of when I might start since the old app will work for quite some time. I will keep it open source spirited, share the code, same way I always have. Until then, dont give up hope, have patience and lets see if any other armchair roku coders want to chip in. More is always better. Choice is color in a monochrome world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ifignella

That message to you wasn't sarcasm. Being the biggest jerk on the board and then trying to call others out just backs up my point.

That message to you wasn't sarcasm. Being the biggest jerk on the board and then trying to call others out just backs up my point.

Yes you are the biggest jerk sir. Youve made that clear. The purpose of your posts is always off topic, and merely to be a dickhead. Good job. Be proud.

Btw, you gonna send me more random pms again? Lame..

So grace1313's account is gone, and up pops ifignella. The lulz.. the lame... Knew the username grace1313 was trashed after our last encounter so the guy makes up a new username, ifignella. Only problem with this is his charade is up now. Using same tired lines, same crap attitude and same basic wording. Its the same person. Hi grace1313 :) i shall never use your new username again, just your old. Okay, grace1313?

Edited by speechles

gzbruno

@@gzbruno Never mind that other fellow. Not even worth the text to spend on them. Sour people can only contribute sarcasm and insults. Avoid them.

Eventually I will put something together which will keep the same look and feel as the old app, as close as possible. Livetv is of no value to me so that part would be omitted. I cant give a timeframe of when I might start since the old app will work for quite some time. I will keep it open source spirited, share the code, same way I always have. Until then, dont give up hope, have patience and lets see if any other armchair roku coders want to chip in. More is always better. Choice is color in a monochrome world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hey, you said it yourself, dont mind him.  ifignella if you are not interested in this project stop replying. Just PM speechless.

Please keep in the subject. 

ifignella

Lol, my other account is active. It's not like I'm trying to hide that. I was trying to get away from you, but you're a petulant child and won't leave people alone. Remember, you're the one that was warned by ebr about your behavior. It sure wasn't me.

Obviously you must be donating a whole hell off a lot of money to these guys for them to allow you to be here. That's ok, I'll leave. Just add me to the list of users who were here when mediabrowser started that are now gone. They don't care though.

Don't forget to apologize to your wife and kids for being a horrible person, they at least deserve your acknowledgement that you're an asshole.

The smarter fiddle can spot sour notes.

Verified my claim, and immediately you lost all credibility.

You are wacky on the goofballs or smth. My family gets insluts now. You must be from alabama? (Sorry to those from alabama)

Lets agree to disagree and you change usernames again and maybe repeat your charade over again. Loller skates roflcopter too bad try again no fakeys no do-overs double dog dare you...

Such fun we can have, being friends and sharing ghost stories. Campfires, overnight sleep overs..but you are grounded young man, and clean up your room, take out the trash. Be useful.

Edited by speechles