Video Playback Not Full Screen in Emby Theater 2.7.7

nnylray

nnylray

With the recent Emby Theater update, my video does not start in full screen.  I think it has something to do with multiple monitors, because it will go to full screen if I move it to the other monitor.  However, both monitors are at the same resolution, 1920x1080.

After I move it to the monitor that fixes it, I can move it back to the proper monitor and it stays full screen.

592476a2aa3f2_Untitled.jpg

nnylray

Ok, I was able to fix it by changing the display text size (Windows 10) to 150%.  I had a post before where having an increased text size resulted in black boxes blocking the video, so I had set it back to 100%.  Now this is fixed by changing it back.  Very odd.

hi @@nnylray, yea this was recently fixed via an update to a third party component, but then we had to roll back that update due to other issues. The good news is that once we're able to update it again, this issue should go away. Thanks !

lifespeed

This sounds strangely like an issue I just started seeing.  Emby Theater video playback appears to be following Windows settings, display, change the size of text apps and other items.

Video should not be scaled like other windows items.

Edit:  just rebooted and the problem of scaling the video to windows display settings went away.  Not sure we have seen the last of this one.

Edited by lifespeed

PrincessClevage

Ok, I was able to fix it by changing the display text size (Windows 10) to 150%. I had a post before where having an increased text size resulted in black boxes blocking the video, so I had set it back to 100%. Now this is fixed by changing it back. Very odd.

I have observed that every second time that I close ET with alt + F4 and re-launch ET I get a black screen (perhaps some sort of overlay), to fix for the current session moving the top edge of the black screen (overlay) brings ET normal graphics to be displayed correctly then have to maximise ET again. I have tried this will 100%dpi setting and 150% (windows 10 recommended setting) both with same results.

lifespeed

This sounds strangely like an issue I just started seeing.  Emby Theater video playback appears to be following Windows settings, display, change the size of text apps and other items.

Video should not be scaled like other windows items.

Edit:  just rebooted and the problem of scaling the video to windows display settings went away.  Not sure we have seen the last of this one.

Yeah, this is a bug.  Talked to a friend who is seeing the same thing after the last update.  Should I start a different thread, or is this the appropriate place top post.

Are the devs aware of this issue?  It seemed to happen after the update to 2.7.7.

elfman12

I am also having the scaling problem in 2.7.9 - if I double click the middle of the window to make it go windowed, then do the same again to go full screen, it is properly scaled at that point.

Yea unfortunately this was briefly resolved via a third party component update (electron), but we had to roll that back due to other issues associated with the update. The good news is that we know this will be resolved as soon as we are able to update it again. Thanks !

• 5 months later...

Yea unfortunately this was briefly resolved via a third party component update (electron), but we had to roll that back due to other issues associated with the update. The good news is that we know this will be resolved as soon as we are able to update it again. Thanks !

Thanks for that info Luke but sorry to say it looks like it's still a problem in the latest version as I'm running Windows with 125% text scaling. If I go from fullscreen to windowed and then back it's ok but I need to do this after starting every video.

Yea unfortunately we have not been able to update that component yet as newer versions have introduced other problems. What if you try 100% scaling?