Manual backup/restore, userdata and changed paths

flort

flort

Hi, I haven't found anything concrete on this... I've moved from a Windows install to Linux, and mostly followed the backup wiki.

I'm basically missing favourites etc, even after doing the final sqlite step.

I don't see where in the userdata table schema how a favourite is linked to media, other than the key column?

Upon doing the replace, I get no favourites, except one that didn't even exist in the other install.

My library paths have obviously changed, and I'm wondering if you calculate GUID's etc based on that, and that my expectation that this might "just work" is flawed?

In summary: is my expectation of moving between platforms (with path prefixes changing) and expecting favourites, likes etc to remain wrong?

for movies and tv series we calculate the user data key using things like tmdb/tvdb/imdb id, etc. Similarly with music we use music brainz id's. When those things aren't available then it will just be based on the path.

flort

Ok, so technically, the path wouldn't matter, and things should port over?

I guess in my case, the videos in question aren't movies, but er, "home videos"... and hence no data from external DBs... so that would mean the key is on path, yes?

Correct, for home videos without any internet identifiers they will be based solely on the path.

flort

Ok, and so, in my situation, a migration and keeping of associated data is basically not going to happen, right?

I still have the old install of course -- is there perhaps some nice SQL JOINs that I can do, to pair the IDs in the userdata table, to what that media actually was?  And then I can do the rest in the new DB...