Emby for fire tablet / amazon app store

tdiguy

tdiguy

I dont quite get this one, i see emby mobile in the amazon app store when i look for it with a web browser. But when i go to the app store on my wifes fire it only brings up the nuvue player. is there a emby for fire tablets?

tdiguy

I am not really sure which version it was. I installed the google play store and then installed emby via play store. I feel i will probably like having google play on the fire tablet anyway. Amazon seems a bit silly with what apps they dont allow ( like kodi ). 

g0del

Here's the problem:

wyGYDV8.jpg

Ignoring the fire tv/stick, there are at least 4 different models of fire tablet in that list, all of which used to be compatible with the app. Sometime a week or so ago it switched to non-compatible with all the tablets in my house. Even though (as far as I can tell) the emby app is still installed on several of the tablets, I can't figure out a way to get it to run. Amazon is convinced that emby won't work on a bunch of tablets where it worked fine before.

A_Aron

I'm having the same issue, it appears that the emby dev's killed off all Amazon Fire support... except for the latest HD8 series... 

I'm having the same issue, it appears that the emby dev's killed off all Amazon Fire support... except for the latest HD8 series... 

We did not do this. The Fire TV app is still available. We're having an issue with the Fire Mobile app that we are looking into, thanks.

tdiguy

I have not checked that link out, but o if that's the APK you can simply go to the link download the APK and install it by checking allow install from unknown sources.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

A_Aron

Side loading into Freetime profiles is a pain in the ass... When will this be properly fixed, it's been nearly a month?

• 5 months later...

I am not really sure which version it was. I installed the google play store and then installed emby via play store. I feel i will probably like having google play on the fire tablet anyway. Amazon seems a bit silly with what apps they dont allow ( like kodi ). 

How exactly did you load the Google Play Store? There's four apk's that need to be side loaded in succession.

How exactly did you load the Google Play Store? There's four apk's that need to be side loaded in succession.

I forget the name of the apk's now but i ended up using downloader ( the app ) I never got the whole adb thing setup on my computer and heck why bother when i have a debian machine on my network i can use to store things and access with anything that can ssh / sftp.

Actually come to think of it for the fire tablet i just used a micro sd card that i loaded with the apk's.

Edited by tdiguy

Sammy;

Can i just side load the emby apk into the fire tablet directly (usb cable and ES file explorer).  I've used ES file explorer to side load comic apps that way.  Was hoping that i didn't have to load anything other than emby.  Thanks.

Sammy;

i tried it as a pure side load and it wouldn't run.  i then uninstall emby from the Fire HD 10 inch i have and installed the APKPure app which installs and runs fine.  Then i used it to install emby and again no luck - just get a black screen.  i rebooted multiple times between each step.  not sure what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Sammy;

i tried it as a pure side load and it wouldn't run. i then uninstall emby from the Fire HD 10 inch i have and installed the APKPure app which installs and runs fine. Then i used it to install emby and again no luck - just get a black screen. i rebooted multiple times between each step. not sure what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem to work for me.

@@Luke or @@ebr probably know for sure but you may need to have Google Play Services on the Amazon Fire to use Emby. In that case you need to install the four apk's from XDADevelopers in the link above. I barely had mine out of the box when I installed Google on them because I needed apps only in the Play Store and not in amazon's lame app store.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Here's some screen grabs..

f44fe2a5b364ae275c93b13df1b95a5b.jpg

96fe761ac134b652fe25796fdae879b0.jpg

b7f1c079619871adf27e4e46a0411919.jpg

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Sammy;

Thanks. I'll try side loading the playstore set next.  Overall I've been very disappointed with the Fire tablets apk support.  I have two 7's, a 6 HD and a 10.1 HD.  I initially wanted to use the 10" as a comic reader and found my choices in readers limited.  Side loading got around that issue.  The gentleman who wrote the comic reader i'm using couldn't release on amazon because they wanted to raise the price significantly (while his cut was minimal).  One 7" is never used , the other is used to cast plex to a rasplex unit in my workshop (probably wont need that anymore :))

The sale prices were to good to pass up but  wont buy any more Fire tablets in the future because of the lack of apk support.  I'll let you know what happens.  The 10" i was trying to side load directly on is OS version 5.4.0.1. and that may be part of the problem.  Thanks again for you help.