Auto-start download of artist fanart?

Busta Uppa

Busta Uppa

When I add new content to my music library and scan, it seems album fanart (cdart.png and sometimes folder.jpg) gets downloaded instantly, as it shows up in the corresponding album library folder with no additional action on my part.

Artist fanart does not seem to work the same way, as nothing is downloaded to the user-set metadata folder after the library scan.  However, once I go into the web player and select an artist, all relevant artwork is downloaded to the metadata folder.  Usually I see the banner, folder, and logo pop up right away, and then the extrafanart folder gradually fills up with images (I set the limit pretty high, so this part often takes a while).

Is my best bet to just select each artist in the web player one by one, and wait for all images to download, after my full library completes scanning?  Or is there some setting to initiate the artist fanart downloads automatically?

Or just wait until they all come in through normal use.

We load some of this information on demand to avoid unnecessarily hammering the free providers we use.

Busta Uppa

Or just wait until they all come in through normal use.

We load some of this information on demand to avoid unnecessarily hammering the free providers we use.

Well that makes sense.  Thanks for confirming!