tyr_88

tyr_88

Apparently I am the only one who has mentioned Zorin OS.

https://zorinos.com/about/

I have been thinking of perm moving to it if mediasever can be installed and ran from it.

Not even sure where to post as it is Linux/Debian but made to be Windows friendly, it is now currently the #6 in branches, in first quarter this year it had half a million downloads for Zorin 12. It has the security of Linux but the features and integration of windows programs and apps.

It is to me and looking as if to most others dumping garbage windows and osx OS's the go to and future go to operating system being so familiar with the two in looks but much more secure and tons faster. You can even boot into BIO's and give it a test spin before install.

@@Luke has this even been tested yet also do you think compatibility already exist for installation? I did 3 forum searches and only mentions of it are 3 post in my sig :(

tyr_88

Couldn't you just use the debian package?

I am not sure because of the way it is coded to integrate with windows functionality I am willing to give it some testing just not sure to try windows or debian packages for server install.

I will start with debian first I should have new PSU mid week I have already put together a new but older PC DDR2 on a just opened evga 680i motherboard I had put back I bought a long time ago but was gifted with a 780i ftw I used over it from friends.

I will give it a go I really want to ditch windows sick of everytime a update rolls off you pretty much need to flat out wipe and reinstall, most errors come into play it seems when updates take place and most issues are fixed by wipe.

I have really become fond of Zorin it is a beautiful OS so I will start there when PSU and cables arrive then post updates, would be so nice if this integrates smoothly :)

TY

Edited by tyr_88

I would not suggest the windows version because running windows apps on zorin requires wine, so basically it runs via emulation of windows.

Madic

ZorinOS is based on Ubuntu (which is based on Debian). So use the deb package for installation. Don't try to run the windows installation.

It's a completely different OS, like you can't run native Android apps on iphone and vice versa. Works only with some kind of emulation

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk