Skip Forward and Skip Back not working in 2.72

Marc_G

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Today Theater updated to 2.72 (I think it was 2.7.0 previously; I got back from a trip and it sort of updated twice, once to 2.71 then again to 2.72). Now, the >> skip forward and << skip back (which took me 30 secs forward and I think 5 secs back) no longer do anything. I can mash those keys all day and there's no movement. I can mouse around and click on the progress bar and move the position in the movie, but this is totally a huge pain.

PLEASE FIX!

It's stuff like this that makes me not like forced updates. Everything I used was working fine in the prior version; now it's Friday night and the system is broken and the WAF is going to nosedive.  I get frequent requests to go back a few secs to replay something she didn't hear; discrete tap or two on the << is used. Now I'm going to have to bring up the trackmouse, and click around until I get to just the correct spot...

Once this is fixed, PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DISABLE UPDATES.

Marc

Edited by Marc_G
  • Like 1

pgriffith

Sounds like your not alone with this problem, quite a few guys saying the same thing in the testing forum and I've got the same issue, although skip backward does work for me as well as chapter skip forward/backward.

As far as stopping updates, I think all you need to do is delete the MediaBrowser.Updater.exe file from AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system directory.

Voila.. no more updates.

To revert to your old working version just delete your system directory, and rename the system.old directory to system and you'll be back to what you had, make sure to delete the updater file of course or you'll update again..

Edited by pgriffith

Marc_G

Hoping the update @@Luke mentioned in the ff/rewind thread would fix the problem, I've repeatedly closed ET and reloaded it over the course of the last ten minutes. No joy. No skip forward or back.

I recognize this is a "first world problem" but it's a pretty big fail from a test-before-you-push perspective.

I've been away from the EMBY community for a while due to work travel and other things in life taking precedence, and have only now caught up on the whole player swapped out issue. Wow. I wish there had been more notice and the option to keep the old player until the new one is settled in.

I'll give this another day or so before figuring out how to get back to 2.5 or whatever.  For all that this is frustrating, Luke and team have always been responsive and I don't want to sound vitriolic due to short term frustration. I've been with MB/EMBY since 2009 and most of the time I'm loving it. I'll try to chill a bit.

I do hope the guys understand that for lots of us, we desire EMBY to be an appliance. Once we get to a working state, generally I want to lock it down until either my needs evolve to the point where I need some new feature not in my installed version, or until Windows changes something and I have to update. Otherwise, this PC is desired to be static. If it weren't for the need to have security updates I wouldn't even let Windows update itself... except in windows 10 that's not really an option. Sigh.

Marc

Marc_G

Thanks. I also noticed I don't seem to be getting HD audio out. We are doing a family movie and instead of HAD audio it's just dolby digital. Will try other files after this movie is done.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Marc_G

My audio issue turned out to be that I had to set passthrough for the various formats. Not sure why I had to do this... before the player change passthrough was happening fine. Nonetheless audio passthrough seems ok now.

Haven't got the update about skip fix yet ... Will uninstall reinstall.

Marc_G

Uninstall reinstall didn't bring back skip

Guess I need to be patient.

blade005

Uninstall reinstall didn't bring back skip

Guess I need to be patient.

@@Marc_G

I would give it another go. I did a REMOVE ALL TRACES uninstall and then a fresh install and got FFWD from remote back.

• Like 1

Marc_G

Thanks!

That did it. It reinstalled 2.72 but this time skip is back. Thank goodness. I did have to reset the audio passthrough of course.

Thanks again!