Additional Filters in Live TV

markaisi

markaisi

I would love to have additional Filters that we could add ourselves in the live tv section.  When you have 400+ channels it is much harder to go through them all to get to the channels you want to view. Would be nice to create a filter such as sports, movies, etc., so that you could just look at the grouping for what you want to watch.  Could it not be done through using tags under external ids? 

Also, would be very nice to have at the bottom of the channels section of each page a button to go to the next page or back so we dont have to scroll up to the top to go to the next page.  

Cheers,

markaisi

Sure it highlights the different categories. But it still forces you to scroll through all of yours channels. I would like a way to take a category and only show that. Sports for example. I would like to use channels area since there is a filter there. I have had experience with a guide in kodi that does it that way. It was so efficient.

Have you seen that you can filter with that menu? The filters are at the bottom, so you can just view sports for example. We modeled that after windows media center.

Additionally, what about the live tv suggestions page? You just click More under the Sports heading, or Movies, etc.

markaisi

Did not really think of using that as a filter but it does work. I have a number of 24/7 shows for example and I would love to have a category so that I could easily call them up. Could I create a tag that I could then use to call them up? Sorry for all of the questions but just seeing what is possible with emby.as I stated I was a big Kodi user but migrated to emby. Like the interface so much more.

I imagine in a future update we will probably expand on those filters with more data from the programs, like genres at the very least.

markaisi

All good. I would never have switched over to emby if I did not really like what you are doing. I had used Kodi/xbmc for over 10 years. Tried Plex before and was never tempted to change. Have a good weekend.

• 3 years later...

HI,

I have the same issue. Having an m3u with 29K Entries. It is almost unbearable to work with live tv. I need grouping asap or I am jumping off my Window ;) on ground floor. Only God knows what will happen.... ;)

List is already in grouped by country. Other IPTV apps support this type of file type. Not sure why live tv isnt. OR am I beeing stupid and didn t see the options? It would be SOOOOO awesome to be able to add two additional Filters ....

(Windows X - newest emby.)

mark-in-dallas

What you could do to cut down your channel list would be to download xTeve and run your m3u file through it and filter out channels and countries that you do not want.  I was able to narrow my channel list down from almost 3,500 to just a couple of hundred by filtering out countries that I didn't want, then cut it down further to under 100  by deactivating channels that I never watch.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1

Yup - this is what I did so far,

but - everytime to zap through 75 (my number) is still a hassle - especially on TV with remote. I would love to be able to filter e.g. country.

Would be awesome. will check out xTeve... thx

Theangelofspace15

I have the same problem other add shows my categories, like the android app iprv pro, or the OTT player, they show my categories not problem but live tv on emby does not show anything. This are the same files one on elby and the other on emby live tv 😩28822F71-181A-4154-9E05-BDF91061AD61.thumb.png.ded0b78ac6a37d2704f651aa74c769d7.png

85D78F7B-BDFB-4DCC-8996-22E57BF99A64.png

1 hour ago, Theangelofspace15 said:

I have the same problem other add shows my categories, like the android app iprv pro, or the OTT player, they show my categories not problem but live tv on emby does not show anything. This are the same files one on elby and the other on emby live tv 😩28822F71-181A-4154-9E05-BDF91061AD61.thumb.png.ded0b78ac6a37d2704f651aa74c769d7.png

85D78F7B-BDFB-4DCC-8996-22E57BF99A64.png

Theangelofspace15
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

But it is extra work when I already ser the categories in my iptv provider. Now I need to regroup (thousands of channels) everything again. Other app and plugins sees the categories.

Just now, Theangelofspace15 said:

But it is extra work when I already ser the categories in my iptv provider. Now I need to regroup (thousands of channels) everything again. Other app and plugins sees the categories.

I would suggest reading the topic. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The newest Beta will import the categories as tags and you can filter (in web app) what is shown based on the tags.  You can also add your own tags.

Tags can also be used in Parental Control as well to just flat out hide channels.

This is the best way to handle this right now but in the near future you will have much better control over this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, canada99 said:

@Luke are we going to have an iptv update / upgrade with new features that allows each client to have their own set of channels dude ?

No, but I imagine there will be more user level control in future updates.

• Like 1