Any way to go back to pre-beta Roku channel?

flcruising

flcruising

I've been using the new Emby channel and the 'Next Up' feature. It works like you described, which is different than our old way of using 'Latest'. I still have to convince my wife that this is how we need to get used to using it. It takes a few more clicks than the old way to see what we have to watch, so having this configurable for the home screen may make the change more welcomed.

I've been using the new Emby channel and the 'Next Up' feature. It works like you described, which is different than our old way of using 'Latest'. I still have to convince my wife that this is how we need to get used to using it. It takes a few more clicks than the old way to see what we have to watch, so having this configurable for the home screen may make the change more welcomed.

Can you explain how it is more clicks for you?  The home screen allows you to go directly to the next episode for each series - in fact, you don't even have to leave the home screen - just click the "play" button on your Roku remote.

Also, what configuration are you looking for?

dcook

@@ebr

Everything is way more clicks in the new app then the old app, I have provided examples in the past of how it takes longer to navigate or do something in the new app versus the old app.  

Would it be helpful for me to give you an entire list?

Can you explain how it is more clicks for you?  The home screen allows you to go directly to the next episode for each series - in fact, you don't even have to leave the home screen - just click the "play" button on your Roku remote.

@@ebr

Everything is way more clicks in the new app then the old app, I have provided examples in the past of how it takes longer to navigate or do something in the new app versus the old app.  

Would it be helpful for me to give you an entire list?

If you can give specific examples, yes please - but please in a new thread.

I wanted to understand the specific issue of flcruising here.  Thanks.

flcruising

If you can give specific examples, yes please - but please in a new thread.

I wanted to understand the specific issue of flcruising here.  Thanks.

My apologies - I haven't had a chance to use Emby in a few days. Once I do, I'll try it the way you describe and let you know if it works acceptably well.

flcruising

Is there a way to organize the home screen like there used to be?

'Next Up' is on row 3 when there are items in the 'Continue Watching'. Pressing PLAY on the remote does not work from home screen; just gives a "blurp" sound.

I still prefer using 'Latest' because of the ability to remove my wife's shows from my list, and it would be nice to have it at the top.

Pressing PLAY on the remote does not work from home screen; just gives a "blurp" sound.

On an episode in the "Next Up" row?

flcruising

On an episode in the "Next Up" row?

Yes.

Edit: I just confirmed. This works on my Roku 3500X HDMI stick (bedroom) but not on the Roku 3400X MHL stick (living room). My JVC TV came with the Roku MHL a couple of years ago and I'd prefer not to replace it if I don't have to.

Edited by flcruising

What is an MHL stick?

Sounds like maybe it is sending a different remote command.

flcruising

What is an MHL stick?

Sounds like maybe it is sending a different remote command.

MHL is a USB & HDMI port combined.

My JVC TV has a single remote that operates it and the Roku that came with it.