Emby server on Raspberry pi 3 (docker) : no access

tealc59

hurricanehrndz

Line 161 of /usr/local/bin/emby-server should have --net=host, if not please run the instl command again, the one from the first post.

hurricanehrndz

Yes, no problem of course, please find attached the 2 log files.

Plus the 2 cmd results :

591f1561795db_Capture3.jpg

Thanks for your patience and working with us, it will make the experience better for future users. PS I'm out for a bit, I will see about getting this resolved later.

tealc59

Line 161 of /usr/local/bin/emby-server should have --net=host, if not please run the instl command again, the one from the first post.

In fact i searched the whole file /usr/local/bin/emby-server there's no net=host, pattern found  :-(

hurricanehrndz

Runt the install command, the original image you use was really outdated

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

tealc59

I re-run the install method as described in the official post.

i now have 190 lines in the script and -net=host is written  :-)

Unfortunately that doesn't change things, i still have problem connecting to  192.168.0.20:8096  ("curl -L localhost:8096" from RPi not OK ->   curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8096: Connection refused).

hurricanehrndz

Well, the container is definitely working now and I'm really happy to hear. The rest is up to you. You might need help with either the firewall or your networking setup. If your using ufw or firewalld you will need to add an exception for port 8096. I'm gone till Tuesday so best of luck

tdiguy

I am very interested in this. I am not nearly as skilled as the op with linux but i have heard emby is the software i want to run on my pi3. I have played with plex and its nice but their current support for my hdhomerun is less than desirable with a disjointed interface when it comes to a guide ( is there one? ).

Thank you for all the support on this btw.

hurricanehrndz

Your very welcome, please let us know if there is any other way to help​. That's why we are here. I'm sure there is enough information on Google about iptables or ufw to help you get this done. Please report back when you have everything up and running. We are working really hard right now to get hardware decoding working on the pi, so users like yourself are essential to the project and the community, on behalf of myself, Luke and the whole dev team, welcome to the emby family

tealc59

hi,

great news, i rebooted the RPi again today, start  "emby-server", then tried to launch the URL again.

it instantly failed, but after ~5sec the web page changed to something like  "web page will begin shortly".

i "F5" after maybe 20sec then i saw the emby server web page  (http://192.168.0.20:8096/web/wizardstart.html)  :-D

i don't know why i now works, when it wasn't yesterday.  But after maybe 30sec i could access the URL.

i didn't have time to continue at the moment, but will do it very soon  :-)

thanks again for your assistance.

• Like 1

tdiguy

I was able to install emby last night also. I thought it was not going to work because of an error message but it turned out that it worked just fine. I am thrilled with the emby server.

• Like 1