Loss of Series Recordings - M3U

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

CBers

tested this and it works. so luke, how can we persuade you to work on channel management? :)

Do you have channels numbered and sorted correctly?

Spaceboy

Do you have channels numbered and sorted correctly?

i used before and after the uk sports changes in July and everything seems to have updated fine, channnels names and numbers. Not all logos have but they are correct per the m3u, would need more investigation to know why.

Everything in the m3u seems to be reflected in Emby

Spaceboy

And you have BBC1 HD as channel 1 etc?

1001 but yes. The logos need updating from sd, but I can’t be bothered to fix them, they are close enough

CBers

1001 but yes. The logos need updating from sd, but I can’t be bothered to fix them, they are close enough

So you're still using the M3U file as the source with the tvg-id in?

Spaceboy

Well, using the same m3u as source but replacing the text contents of the file. I’m interested to know whether changing provider within the m3u would work, can’t see why not. But then if I add a second m3u but with common tvgid and channel numbers what does Emby do then? Does it group them all together?

CBers

Ah right. I thought you were using the M3U url direct in Emby, but that is a total disaster.

The channels are all over the place.

Back to the Managed M3U file for the time being then.

Spaceboy

Ah right. I thought you were using the M3U url direct in Emby, but that is a total disaster.

The channels are all over the place.

Back to the Managed M3U file for the time being then.

yes it is a disaster in terms of layout but i could live with that and order by channel last used if the provider epg went any further out than 24hours

• Like 1

CBers

yes it is a disaster in terms of layout but i could live with that and order by channel last used if the provider epg went any further out than 24hours

SD not supplying more than 24 hours?

Spaceboy

No not SD, iptv provider. To use SD epg would require manual matching within Emby as the tvgids are not consistent

Edited by Spaceboy