Loss of Series Recordings - M3U

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Spaceboy

So is there any interest in trouble shooting this? I've been reporting the fact that series recordings do not persist as soon as any change is made to the m3u file for over a month and today i'm again resetting 40 series recordings because i removed a few channels from the m3u.

Does anyone actually see this working? What logs are going to be useful in demonstrating this?

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get me a sample m3u before and after I'm happy to take a look, thanks !

• 1 month later...
Spaceboy

ok, i'm going to pm you 2 m3us with the url removed. Changing from ACE to Acess with a series recording scheduled for Eastenders on BBC1 means that in the scheduled series view i see this

59557aea91cf9_1.png

so Emby doesnt know what channel it should be on. in the schedule view i see this

59557b20ce8bd_2.png

and if i try and open a single scheduled recording i just get this

59557b4fca98b_3.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

If you can get me a sample m3u before and after I'm happy to take a look, thanks !

hi @@Luke, there has just been an update to the provider m3u with the addition of a number of new channels. i've updated my m3u but until this is fixed i'm hesitant to use it as i will lose all series recordings again.

any progress? you seemed to think this was working already, no additional functionality required

I do believe that it is but unfortunately the examples you provide are not something i can actually test. i know you like cut information out but that prevents me from being able to create the same scenario.

Spaceboy

I do believe that it is but unfortunately the examples you provide are not something i can actually test. i know you like cut information out but that prevents me from being able to create the same scenario.

it would have been nice to know that a month ago. no i'm not super keen at giving away my login details to people i don't know particularly when i have taken the time to clearly demonstrate that its not working. however i dont want to wait another month so i will send you the unredacted m3u's

Spaceboy

ok 2 unedited m3u's on the way, gone from 160517 to 210717. i repeated the same test and get the same results as above. i am editing the current m3u and pointing it at the new one

• Like 1

CBers

I have replaced my M3U and my scheduled series have now got a channel id of null.

So they will not record, even though the channel id's have NOT changed in the M3U file.

Definitely a BUG then.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I have replaced my M3U and my scheduled series have now got a channel id of null.

So they will not record, even though the channel id's have NOT changed in the M3U file.

Definitely a BUG then.

same as me then. @@Luke can't you just use the m3us I sent you and repeat the test? Not sure why more logs are going to help if you don't believe us. Shouldn't take you more than 15mins
  • Like 1

CBers

same as me then. @@Luke can't you just use the m3us I sent you and repeat the test? Not sure why more logs are going to help if you don't believe us. Shouldn't take you more than 15mins

Fortunately, I only have 4 series recordings set up.

Not sure further logs would help, as it is the Emby core code that has the issue.

No reason why Luke can't reproduce, even with a few channels in Live TV.

CBers

Luke - is it worth providing you with the series link files (seriestimers.json & timers.json) so that you can assess what's changed and why the recordings have gone awry?

Or, have you figured it out from the information and M3U files that @@Spaceboy supplied?

Please advise, as I didn't realise how frustrating this was, until I had to update the M3U file.

Thanks.

I haven't gotten anything new from him so I don't have anything to look at right now.

CBers

I haven't gotten anything new from him so I don't have anything to look at right now.

I think he sent them via a PM on 21/07.

ok 2 unedited m3u's on the way, gone from 160517 to 210717. i repeated the same test and get the same results as above. i am editing the current m3u and pointing it at the new one

Spaceboy

OK.

@@Spaceboy??

I don't have any PM's from him since he said that.

sorry what i did probably wasnt that clear. i edited the post in the PM and put the new m3u's in. theyve been there since 21/07

CBers

I don't have any PM's from him since he said that.

sorry what i did probably wasnt that clear. i edited the post in the PM and put the new m3u's in. theyve been there since 21/07

Any update please Luke, as I still have 4 series stuck in limbo.

I don't want to have to delete them and recreate them if you have a potential fix.

Thanks.

@@CBers i think you should provide your own example as well because you may find yourself disappointed if you have a completely different problem.

Also just for future note, please just make new posts when new information is provided that way the relevant parties can receive the usual forum notifications about them. thanks.

I see the m3u data.

Please also provide additional discussion - e.g., what guide data is needed to test this, and exactly what series recordings you saw an issue with, and exactly what that issue was. thanks !

Spaceboy

Post code n5 - BSkyB England

The example was in the previous posts. It's fully detailed there

• Like 1