ServerWMC communicating but no channels listed

oldschool

oldschool

I posted my problem in the other thread. For some reason, I can see ServerWMC connecting and talking to MB3, but I can't get MB3 to list the channels or the EPG.My channel listing reads: 0-0 of 0

oldschool

I made sure my folder is shared with everyone, so that error message doesn't look to be showing up anymore. Surprisingly, I now get a listing of all the recorded TV in the folder, but I still don't get a listing of the channels and nothing is showing up in the guide.

if server wmc wasn't running prior to starting the server, try running the Refresh Guide scheduled task in the dashboard

krustyreturns

The serverwmc log shows no problems, all of the channels should have transferred over. 

If what Luke suggests doesn't work, then try going to:

%programdata%\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml

and changing (temporarily) the setting 'Debug_ChannelDetail' to true.  Then re-run swmc then mbs.  Send me this server log, this will give me detailed info about the channels you are sending over and maybe we can spot something in the data.

BTW, just to make sure, I rev'd back to .16 of the plugin with the newest version of swmc, it works fine for me (small consolation I know).

oldschool

I reran the LiveTV refresh manually for the last log file and it still didn't pick up any channels.

I just changed the .xml file and reran the LiveTV Refresh Guide scheduled task.

Surprisingly, this time the Scheduled recordings and Series tabs worked inside of MB3, but the Guide and Channels still show 0-0 of 0.

krustyreturns

I don't see a problem with the channels (you can turn that setting off).  can you post the mbs log too?

krustyreturns

I think this is why its failing:

2014-02-13 21:05:20.8133 Debug - ProviderManager: Running ChannelImageProvider for D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\AMCHD
2014-02-13 21:05:20.8133 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing AMCHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\AMCHD
Access to the path '\\SPARE1\Users\Public\Recorded TV\TempSWMC\imageCache\channelIcons\amchd_c.png' is denied.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.ChannelImageProvider.<DownloadImage>d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.ChannelImageProvider.<FetchAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<FetchAsync>d__14.MoveNext()

serverwmc places channel icons it finds in tempswmc\imagecache\channelicons for sharing with remote computers.  See if the image referenced above is there, and if it is there, make sure your mbs machine can access the folder.  I assume the error that is being thrown above is making mbs skip the channel input.
Edited by krustyreturns

oldschool

Hmmm, I'm able to open that file from the MB3 server and from my client as well. That folder was shared with Everyone with read rights but now I've changed it to read/write. After the new permissions set and a LiveTV listing refresh, It has the same problem with the 0 channels.

I have a whole bunch of these errors in the MB3 log:

2014-02-14 00:10:38.9059 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing HDT D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\HDT
2014-02-14 00:10:38.9215 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing BRAVOHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\BRAVOHD
2014-02-14 00:10:38.9371 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing GOLFHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\GOLFHD
2014-02-14 00:10:38.9527 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing CMTVHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\CMTVHD
2014-02-14 00:10:38.9683 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing MNBCHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\MNBCHD
2014-02-14 00:10:38.9995 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing APLHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\APLHD
2014-02-14 00:10:39.0151 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing NGCHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\NGCHD
2014-02-14 00:10:39.0463 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing VSHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\VSHD
2014-02-14 00:10:39.0931 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing BIGNEBH D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\BIGNEBH
2014-02-14 00:10:39.1243 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing BTENOHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\BTENOHD
2014-02-14 00:10:39.1711 Error - ProviderManager: ChannelImageProvider failed refreshing NFLHD D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\NFLHD

Edited by oldschool

krustyreturns

Yeah, you are getting this on every channel so I am assuming this is why your channels aren't loading.  Go the channel tab in swmc and uncheck 'Import WMC channel icons when found'.  Then restart mbs.  See if the channels load (if they do the won't have icons).

You also say that the recordings now show up in the recordings list, but can you play them?

oldschool

All of those folders (D:\Home\htpc\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\channels\) on the server are empty BTW. The folder exists (BRAVOHD), but there is nothing in it.

krustyreturns

Wait, i just noticed something.  The network path to the recorded tv folder is set to:

\\SPARE1\Public\Recorded TV\

it should be:

\\SPARE1\users\public\recorded tv

Go to the folders tab, before you change the above just click the 'save' button.  This new server version should warn you that these folders are not the same.  If it doesn't let me know.  Then change the path, restart mbs.  See if it works.

krustyreturns

Do this:  Go to the debug tab in swmc and check 'remux the playback of all wtv files'.  Then restart mbs.  Then try to play a recorded wtv file.  When it fails post the log.

krustyreturns

Everything you send me shows that serverwmc is working, it reports no errors.  You are getting a flood of errors in mbs, but I don't know enough about it to debug whats happening there. 

Frankly I am stumped as to what the problem is.  If I was you, I think I would install mbs on your windows machine and see if you can get live tv working locally just for an experiment.  I know that doesn't solve anything, but at this stage I don't know what else to try.

oldschool

The recording looked like it was going to play. The image in the bottom left came up, but when I pressed play, it just went to a black box.

"it should be:

\\SPARE1\users\public\recorded tv"

No, I shared out only the public folder, and I didn't share out the entire users folder. That share opens on the server and the client.

Is it required to share out the entire users folder?

krustyreturns

No, in fact you only have to share out the recorded tv folder.  But even if you share out the public folder, the unc path to public is:

\\SPARE1\users\public\

since public is in users.   In explorer, open the machine (\\share), I don't think you will see public there, you will see 'users'.

oldschool

No - when I look under Spare1 I only see Public. I didn't share out users and only give permissions to the public folder, I shared out the public folder only.

It looks like MBS is unable to access your recordings. See these errors. These are beyond our control

2014-02-14 15:40:22.0136 Error - BaseItem: Error creating resolve args for \\SPARE1\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Sample Media\win7_scenic-demoshort_raw.wtv
Unable to retrieve file system info for \\SPARE1\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Sample Media
System.IO.IOException
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.CreateResolveArgs(FileSystemInfo pathInfo)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.get_ResolveArgs()

Unrelated, but you should probably check out- some of your regular media library has paths that are too long for windows api's, so that's why you're seeing all those path too long exceptions. so you need to shorten up some of those folder names.

oldschool

I'm not sure what it's having a problem with the sample media folder. That's the one that comes standard with Win7. What do you think might be causing that error? Permissions look to be OK on that folder (I was able to navigate to that folder). Do you think that error message is causing the LiveTV function to not show the channel listing in the webui?