Subtitle adjustment

gzbruno

gzbruno

Hello, ive got an idea, dont know if its possible. but i think it might be very useful for many of us.

Most of the time, i search for subtitles,then download them, and the subtitles are correct in timing along the media, but they are have some seconds delay or some seconds ahead, so i was thinking it would be nice if there is an option at the "edit subtitles" screen, at the right of the file to adjust a few seconds the subtitles, so it will match the media. Otherwise i have to download the srt file and edit, its more laborious. Also it could be some options to set the subtitles to default or forced, i know this can be done trough the file name, but you have to access ftp or filemanager and this could save much time. Its just an idea. cheers.

• Like 9

fonzie

Hello, ive got an idea, dont know if its possible. but i think it might be very useful for many of us.

Most of the time, i search for subtitles,then download them, and the subtitles are correct in timing along the media, but they are have some seconds delay or some seconds ahead, so i was thinking it would be nice if there is an option at the "edit subtitles" screen, at the right of the file to adjust a few seconds the subtitles, so it will match the media. Otherwise i have to download the srt file and edit, its more laborious. Also it could be some options to set the subtitles to default or forced, i know this can be done trough the file name, but you have to access ftp or filemanager and this could save much time. Its just an idea. cheers.

That's one thing I like about Kodi, is the ability to sync subtitles forward or delay on the fly.
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
chudak

It's a great idea for the future, thanks.

Isn’t future now @@Luke ? :)

This is long wated and very useful feature to have. And if implemented right it would make emby client to be better then any other !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
chudak

Yes I agree we should add that. Thanks.

Any plans for this yet ?

Also related request - ability to download subtitles from clients. Now we can edit subtitles but only when using Web, it’d be much more useful to be able to d/l subs when you started watching a movie

Thx

• 3 months later...
Nachot93

Yes!!! Please add this. Please. I need this so much. A simple +/- 0,5 sec adjustment will do!

Edited by Nachot93
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Sir_Miky

Hi,

Any news regarding this since?

More power to you if you add this simple +/- 0,5 sec adjustment in subtitles on Emby. 

Thanks  

• 11 months later...

This will be in Emby Server 4.5. You'll be able to use the controls in the video player to adjust the subtitle offset.