Chocolate theme - Set watched from unwatched EHS section

mentasm

mentasm

HI,

Would like to request a small change or be educated on how to do this otherwise.

I pretty much use the unwatched EHS view for all of my TV browsing to see and select new TV shows that have recently been added to my collection.

Quite regularly I wish to set some of these to watched state without having actually watched them.  (sometime watch shows at friend places or similar)

If there is more than 1 unwatched episode for a show, I can happily use the * key on my remote to set each unwatched episode as watched.

If there is only a single episode, the list view is bypassed and the screen goes directly to the detail page for that show.  On this screen if I press * the show does not seem to be set as watched.  The only way I can work out to set it as watched is to navigate into the TV SHows library, select the show and then find the episode in the right season and set it to watched in there.

Am I missing something about another way to do this or could the * key be enabled when on the detail screen for a particular episode?

In general I could see being able to set watched from the detail screen for an episode would be a good thing.

• Like 1

When the item is selected still on the EHS, hit the * to bring up the context menu and mark it played from there.

mentasm

I just went and tried that.  Hitting the * on my remote doesn't bring a context menu up at all.  To be honest I don't think I've ever seen a context menu pop up.  Normally when I use the * to set watched, it just gives me a notification message across the top of the screen saying it has been set to watched.

Have I perhaps got something unusual set up with my remote control?  What exactly is the * supposed to be mapped to key wise?

What exactly is the * supposed to be mapped to key wise?

erm * is mapped to * (shift+8). Sounds like you have your * mapped to ctrl+w

• Like 1

mentasm

OK, seems that maybe this is the problem.  IN my Logitech harmony remote setup it seems the * button is set to a command called 'clear'.  I think its been this way for years.  Im tryng to work out how to set it to shift+8, but unfortunately that isn't one of the pre-defined key combos.

I just went and tried a manual shift+8 in MBC and did get the menu. and I was able to set watched ok, but to be honest the menu seems a bit clunky to me.  It overlays the whole screen and defaults to options I never use.

I then went and tried the same command in the new TV view, and instead of just setting the show as watched in one keypress you have to navigate the menu to acheive the same.

For me at least it would be much much better if I could continue to be able to use the same mapping I have now for the * and be able to set watched with it from the episode detail screen

Edited by mentasm

'clear' is a valid command as well and most remotes have a 'clear' button.  If your's doesn't then find a button and map it to 'clear'.  On my Harmony One, I use the '+' button for this.

'*' is a valid WMC button.  It should be there as a choice in the setup.

• Like 1

mentasm

OK, I've now got a button mapped as shift+8.  ended up using the MCE remapper app.  Chose 0 on the keypad which is alongside the * on my remote.

I would still like to request to allow ctrl+w or 'clear' to set an episode as watched from the detail screen .

I just realised the same goes with movies.  So basically would like to be able to use the single keypress set watched from the detail screen.

mentasm

Any further comment @@ebr ?

Is it technically difficult to allow the single button press 'set watched' on the details page to work?