FR: Save filters and have page to present them.

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

Emby already has filters build in to sort through your media but what would be even better would be allowing the user to save filters and have an easy way of selecting that view. For example I might want a view showing all comedies released from 1990-1999, all unwatched movies rated G from 2017, favorite action movies, etc. Let us save these filtered views and have them easily accessible from the landing page. If the filtered views can be shared between users even better.

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 7

I think this would be covered by the "Smart List" functionality we would like to implement but there doesn't seem to be a feature request specifically for that so I guess this will serve as such :).

• 4 months later...
Jdiesel

I've noticed a few requests for something like this from the recent wave of Plex refugees so I thought I'd dig up this FR.

Emby's filters are already quiet powerful, time to let the users be creative with them and let them share the results with their users.

chander421

Maybe more than "just" a smart playlist. Smart playlists are really a nice feature for a media center but, let's say i want to find all movies directed by a certain Director or all movies featuring Bruce Lee? Can't really create one smart playlist per director. In this case, when there are dozens/hundreds of items to filter, the filtering by... is perfect.

Thanks for your feedback and your help!

adrianwi

Smart playlists in Plex are just saved filters which you can reopen to apply the filters including any new content which meets the filtering criteria.

A better description would probably be Smart Filters :)