Amazon "Emby Mobile" removed from devices???

A_Aron

billneftleberg

In doing it publicly because I want a public record for a lawyer of how egregious this is. They withhold service like this on a regular basis. I paid for this product like everyone else. Why should I or anyone else for that matter be denied a service we paid for simply because we reinstall the software?

Understand this is not my doing. At one time you could install the software and not be locked out. That only happened when they developed emby premiere.

They didn't ask me to do that. So this is entirely their doing not mine. They could have given those of us who supported emby a key just like emby premiere has a key and there'd be no issue. But they decided not to.

They figured that with enough denial of service that we would pay again for emby premiere.

They claim they weren't the developers when I purchased emby so it's not their fault.... Even if that's true, what's to happen to those who bought emby premiere, if the decide to sell to new developers?

Remember when I bought emby you could install it and it worked without being locked. They changed it not me.

So now I'm at their mercy every time I need to reinstall a piece of software i paid for.

How fair is that?

You say I should be ashamed. What about them for locking out thousands of people who bought this product in good faith only to be locked out. How will you feel when emby premiere is replaced and because they want you to buy the new emby version, they lock you out?

Don't say it can't happen. I'm living proof it can.

You saw ebrs attitude it's like I don't care that you bought the software. I don't want to be bothered. He acts like he's doing me a favor

In doing it publicly because I want a public record for a lawyer of how egregious this is. They withhold service like this on a regular basis. I paid for this product like everyone else. Why should I or anyone else for that matter be denied a service we paid for simply because we reinstall the software?

Understand this is not my doing. At one time you could install the software and not be locked out. That only happened when they developed emby premiere.

They didn't ask me to do that. So this is entirely their doing not mine. They could have given those of us who supported emby a key just like emby premiere has a key and there'd be no issue. But they decided not to.

They figured that with enough denial of service that we would pay again for emby premiere.

They claim they weren't the developers when I purchased emby so it's not their fault.... Even if that's true, what's to happen to those who bought emby premiere, if the decide to sell to new developers?

Remember when I bought emby you could install it and it worked without being locked. They changed it not me.

So now I'm at their mercy every time I need to reinstall a piece of software i paid for.

How fair is that?

You say I should be ashamed. What about them for locking out thousands of people who bought this product in good faith only to be locked out. How will you feel when emby premiere is replaced and because they want you to buy the new emby version, they lock you out?

You saw ebrs attitude it's like I don't care that you bought the software. I don't want to be bothered. He acts like he's doing me a favor

Go ahead and deny a single word what I say is true. You cant. And you know it. For if you did it would make YOU personally liable. Please do it. I paid for my software. Your the one that's deliberately changed it.

Edited by billneftleberg

AgileHumor

How fair is that?

I think you should call your lawyer for support going forward...as nobody here has to (or should) help you with that attitude.

Have a great 4th of July!

Ps - devs, when possible, please fix ASAP...as i'm sure you already are. Any updates welcome.

billneftleberg

Why because I'm letting the members know how they operate?

I'm actually doing members a favor by showing them what can happen if they decide to move on from emby premiere

They can take your money and then stop supporting the software at any time... Just because they determine its time to make another cash grab

AgileHumor

Why because I'm letting the members know how they operate?

I'm actually doing members a favor by showing them what can happen if they decide to move on from emby premiere

They can take your money and then stop supporting the software at any time... Just because they determine its time to make another cash grab

You can shout "they took your money" all you want.

Sadly, if you don't understand the previous posts explaining why your wrong in this case

....nothing I can do will further your misguided tirade.

billneftleberg

You can shout "they took your money" all you want.

Sadly, if you don't understand the previous posts explaining why your wrong in this case

....nothing I can do will further your misguided tirade.

the still havent unlocked it.

it just will look bad when a class actiom suit is filed.  EBR even admitted in this thread that they know i paid for the service, they just dont feel like activating it again

you think others arent seeing this and questioning whether they should pay their hard earned money and risk that they wont do the same to them?

remember THEY locked me ME out. the software I bought could be installed again and again on my kindle and work forever

they decided to change it and once amazon updated it to my Kindle fire i was at their mercy

ive done nothing wrong.......i paid for the software

their just holding me hostage trying to force me to pay again and buy premiere.

the original program worked fine i dont want or need premiere

remember THEY locked me ME out.

they arent doing me no favors they are denying me the use of a service i ALREADY PAID FOR

MY ORDER NUMBER IS

Please enter order number above or attach screenshot of order information.

eb2a1c61ee64405fbde3f31923796d02|4c35a43cb0dd6c06

--

Sent from myMail app for Android

THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE ME PAY AGAIN AND I WONT DO THAT

THEY GAVE OUT TOKENS TO THOSE WHO USE THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE

UNFORTUNATELY KINDLES CANT ACCESS THAT, SO THEY TELL US WE HAVE TO ACCESS OLD RECORDS AND DO NOTHING

WHY IS IT MY FAULT THEY CHANGED THE SOFTWARE TO LOCK US OUT

WE PAID TO USE IT JUST LIKE EVERYONE OF YOU

Edited by billneftleberg

barat

They also could cut old server branch and abandon it (so your app will be still working with old server), and forget about old "paid app" ... instead they decided to provide a workaround which (with some effort from client side) can give you access to new server versions ... Most of users haven't problem with this, but hay - not everyone is re-installing devices like crazy ... 

IMO - you're making shitstorm ... 

It's like buying old game made by studio X some years ago, installing new windows and DEMAND that gamedevs of the company who bought previous X studio should make this game still work out of the box (no Virtual Machine or other magic) just because you paid for the app to someone who doesn't exist now ... even more - if they can't they SHOULD give you access to new sequel of this game and guarantee that if that one stop working with new OS then they will give you even newer game ... sigh...

Emby guys could just shutoff everything, start from beginning and don't worry about, but they decided to provide some backward compatibility ...

On emby devs side I would just refund those few $ and forget about you ... time spent on helping you/discussing with you is far more worth than those couple of bucks ... but it's just me

Edited by barat
  • Like 2

Hi.  We need you to go through the same process as each previous time where you click the "Already Paid" button in the app.  That is how we can obtain the device ID for your new device and then re-authorize it.

AgileHumor

the still havent unlocked it.

it just will look bad when a class actiom suit is filed. EBR even admitted in this thread that they know i paid for the service, they just dont feel like activating it again

you think others arent seeing this and questioning whether they should pay their hard earned money and risk that they wont do the same to them?

remember THEY locked me ME out. the software I bought could be installed again and again on my kindle and work forever

they decided to change it and once amazon updated it to my Kindle fire i was at their mercy

ive done nothing wrong.......i paid for the software

their just holding me hostage trying to force me to pay again and buy premiere.

the original program worked fine i dont want or need premiere

remember THEY locked me ME out.

they arent doing me no favors they are denying me the use of a service i ALREADY PAID FOR

MY ORDER NUMBER IS

--

Sent from myMail app for Android

THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE ME PAY AGAIN AND I WONT DO THAT

THEY GAVE OUT TOKENS TO THOSE WHO USE THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE

UNFORTUNATELY KINDLES CANT ACCESS THAT, SO THEY TELL US WE HAVE TO ACCESS OLD RECORDS AND DO NOTHING

WHY IS IT MY FAULT THEY CHANGED THE SOFTWARE TO LOCK US OUT

WE PAID TO USE IT JUST LIKE EVERYONE OF YOU

As stated before, once you pay for a class action lawyer and have your rights explained to you more thoroughly, I think you will understand your wrong in this matter.

Furthermore, stay classy!

billneftleberg

Hi.  We need you to go through the same process as each previous time where you click the "Already Paid" button in the app.  That is how we can obtain the device ID for your new device and then re-authorize it.

and i keep telling you i only have the option to buy premiere

it used to give me that option but now it doesnt

i bought the app from the amazon store originally

recently i bought the new kindle 8 inch fire because my old one fell out of my wheelchair

when i went to the amazon store you had stopped supporting the kindle temporarily

i spoke to luke and he uploaded

https://github.com/M...mv7-release.apk  here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47577-amazon-emby-mobile-removed-from-devices/post 9

and the only option it gives is to purchase premiere

i repeat that is the only option it gives me if it was possible to take a screen shot in a kindle id show you

i even included the number of my purchase order originally

MY ORDER NUMBER IS

i even tried a factory reset thinking that might be the issue and i get the same thing

Okay, apparently the issues we are having with the Amazon store are propagating to the device and the app cannot access the store either - and this is why you don't get the "Already Paid" option.

We are trying to work out these issues with Amazon but they are making it very difficult.  We apologize but, at the moment, it is out of our control.  This is what this topic is originally around.

We are going to have to figure out what to do in the near term.  I apologize, I'm afraid you have been hit by a bit of a perfect storm of the new device with the old app purchase plus the current issues with the Amazon store.

billneftleberg

Okay, apparently the issues we are having with the Amazon store are propagating to the device and the app cannot access the store either - and this is why you don't get the "Already Paid" option.

We are trying to work out these issues with Amazon but they are making it very difficult.  We apologize but, at the moment, it is out of our control.  This is what this topic is originally around.

We are going to have to figure out what to do in the near term.  I apologize, I'm afraid you have been hit by a bit of a perfect storm of the new device with the old app purchase plus the current issues with the Amazon store.

ok that i can understand

at least now i know whose responsible and i can write amazon to get this sorted

its very frustrating when you do everything youre supposed to and nobody tells you whats wrong

i can wait if i know somebody ismt just ignoring the issue

Edited by billneftleberg

billneftleberg

after much grief, ebr finally helped me get my emby back....after ebrs suggeestion that it might be an amazon issue (since the version luke asked me to try wasnt giving me the option to do anything but to buy premiere......we tried a roll back to my last amazon purchase Emby_2.8.14 and ebr was able to restore that

what ive learned is never let amazon do automatic updates they can screw you up and always save your old versions

if you have a lot of apps auto updates may sound like a good thing but without the option to roll back it can screw you up

im just glad ebr figured out what the issue was

luke tried to help to but the version he suggested didnt work, so it really must have been an amazon issue

BestYohman

after much grief, ebr finally helped me get my emby back....after ebrs suggeestion that it might be an amazon issue (since the version luke asked me to try wasnt giving me the option to do anything but to buy premiere......we tried a roll back to my last amazon purchase Emby_2.8.14 and ebr was able to restore that

what ive learned is never let amazon do automatic updates they can screw you up and always save your old versions

if you have a lot of apps auto updates may sound like a good thing but without the option to roll back it can screw you up

im just glad ebr figured out what the issue was

luke tried to help to but the version he suggested didnt work, so it really must have been an amazon issue

No sorry for being an ass the whole time? Wow you threaten to sue people and cause a commotion but yet nothing? You really need to man up. BTW I would have loved to see you attempt to sue someone for software that you are most likely using to watch videos you didn't pay for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

billneftleberg

the fact is ive paid for emby 6 times and o jave a right to expect what i paid for. you dont like it too bad.... even ebr realized i had how was i to know they were having issues with amazon until they got to the bottom of it

tenchiowo

Hello Devs, 

I have a Fire 8 HD tablet running 5.3.3.0 although it is asking to update to 5.4 and was wondering what the status is with getting the app back on the Amazon store again. I ask this as I am also one of the people who have the tablet for their kids and cannot sideload the app into freetime. I know you guys are working on it but can you give us an update with some more details as to what is causing the delay and what is being done to appease amazon? 

Thank you, 

• Like 1

We are working with Amazon on this as quickly as possible.  We believe there is some confusion and are trying to rectify it.  Unfortunately, at this time we can't give a timeline.

Thanks for your patience.

goverton

I've just bought two Kids Fire HD 8's, both running Lollipop 5.4.0.0.

Is there anyway to install a version (happy with an old version for now) of Emby, even if it's only available in the full adult profile?

Going on holiday in a few weeks - going to be in the car for 5+ hours... any assistance will potentially help preserve the sanity of at least one person in the family.

We are working with Amazon on this as quickly as possible.  We believe there is some confusion and are trying to rectify it.  Unfortunately, at this time we can't give a timeline.

Thanks for your patience.

• 4 weeks later...
spacvad

Is there any further update on this, the kids are using the web app at the minute but I'd much prefer the native version if possible. Guessing Amazon aren't keen on services like Emby and Plex when they'd rather sell you their own services.

Doesn't surprise me Amazon is being a jerk. Happens when you become as big as they are. I did side load google play store and a few other apps using the above method with no issues.looks like I'll have to do it with the wife's HD8 which she just got on amazon prime day. Mine is a few years old and believe I got emb y off Amazon app. Store.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Hi Luke,

You posted a link back in May to enable the sideloading of the emby app. This link no longer works, so where can I get the apk to sideload onto an Amazon  Fire 7 Tablet?