Amazon "Emby Mobile" removed from devices???

A_Aron

A_Aron

So today we noticed that emby is disappearing from all of our Amazon devices, how do we get it back? 

591903ca77189_Capture.jpg

* Yes, I'm aware the FireTV's are a different app. I'm more concerned with the Fire Tablets. 

Edited by dadasaurus

A_Aron

We have 4 of the HD6's and 1 HDX.

• Fire HD6 (4th Gen) v5.3.3.0
  • Fire HDX 8.9 v5.3.1.1

It seems they disappeared after the last update on the 10th for Emby. Emby is also not in the store from the device, nor can I send it to devices from the Amazon store page on amazon.com.

Edited by dadasaurus

Ok, we're trying to push an update out this week so let's see what happens after that. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
A_Aron

My kids are getting impatient waiting for this... I have them using VLC as a front end in the mean time, but it's not optimal for a 4 and 6 year old to watch their shows...

When will this be fixed????

• 2 weeks later...

In the meantime if you're able to sideload, I've uploaded the apk for manual installation:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/android/android-amazonarmv7-release.apk

As dadasaurus pointed out, sideloaded apps can't be whitelisted for child accounts on fire tablets, so this is no solution at all for children using emby on fire tablets. It's been a month - is there any chance of a fix coming out, or should I start looking into alternative media servers?

billneftleberg

try version 2.087

i just bought the new kindle 8 inch fire... its the newest model that kindle just released, imagine my surprise when emby didnt work. it installs but all you get is a black screen.......

but fortunately I saved all the old emby apks and to my relief  version 2.087 works just fine for me

its the old interface but it does work on the new kindle version (All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa)

hope this helps some people

I know you have an earlier model but maybe it will solve your issue

i tried to upload that version with this post but it wont attatch, maybe luke or another member can do it

if not send your email and ill be glad to email it to you

Edited by billneftleberg

We are working on getting the app restored, apologies for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...
xateesix

I have also been experiencing the same problem. Side loading will restore the app for adult users but not for the kids and unfortunately they are not nearly so understanding about the situation.

I feel for everyone experiencing this and I understand the frustration but I love Emby and have a too much invested into my setup to switch back to Plex. Nor am I interested in losing the everything everywhere on any device functionality I have come to enjoy.

Thank you guys for your efforts in fixing this

billneftleberg

I finally got Emby Version Arm7 To Install On The New Fire 8 Inch But It Only Allows Playback For One Minute. Is This Issue Ever Going To Be Fixed people Seem To Be Getting Ignored. Other Apps Work Fine But Emby Just Seems To Care About Premiere Subscriptions

I finally got Emby Version Arm7 To Install On The New Fire 8 Inch But It Only Allows Playback For One Minute. Is This Issue Ever Going To Be Fixed people Seem To Be Getting Ignored. Other Apps Work Fine But Emby Just Seems To Care About Premiere Subscriptions

Hi, glad you have it running. Please click "Already Paid?" and follow the instructions. thanks !

billneftleberg

Hi, glad you have it running. Please click "Already Paid?" and follow the instructions. thanks !

there are no instructions to follow (as you well know....)

all that does is lead me to emby premiere i purchased emby well before it   (emby premiere) came out

i bought a new kindle and the update doesnt work

i downloaded what you suggested in the thread and its locked

you need to unlock it

this is devoius attempt to force those of us who have already bought emby to buy premiere

how would you like a class action suit?

i dont want Premiere, i just want what i paid for already

ive paid for emby, ive paid for emby from the windows store too

this is just a blatant attempt to force older users to pay again

Edited by billneftleberg

Have you entered your Emby Premiere key into the Emby Server dashboard? You can do that here:

Once you do this the app will just unlock for you. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

premiereactivate1.png

this is just a blatant attempt to force older users to pay again

I believe we have explained to you on multiple occasions that you paid for an app developed by a 3rd party multiple years ago.  That payment did not go to us so you have never paid us anything and we aren't asking you to.

We have a process to re-authorize these old purchases (even though we didn't get a dime from them) and honor them.  The problem in your situation is, for some reason, you are continually resetting your Amazon device and causing it to generate a new ID.  So we then have to re-authorize it with the new ID.

The vast majority of people do not have this issue because their devices are not reset very often.

Emby also has never required anyone to re-pay.  Quite the opposite.  We are allowing you to use the system completely without ever having paid us anything.

billneftleberg

i domt have emby premiere, i dont want emby premiere. i paid for the emby app before emby premiere even existed

it was from amazon

youve locked me out

why should i have to buy emby premiere when i already paid for emby

billneftleberg

I believe we have explained to you on multiple occasions that you paid for an app developed by a 3rd party multiple years ago.  That payment did not go to us so you have never paid us anything and we aren't asking you to.

We have a process to re-authorize these old purchases (even though we didn't get a dime from them) and honor them.  The problem in your situation is, for some reason, you are continually resetting your Amazon device and causing it to generate a new ID.  So we then have to re-authorize it with the new ID.

The vast majority of people do not have this issue because their devices are not reset very often.

Emby also has never required anyone to re-pay.  Quite the opposite.  We are allowing you to use the system completely without ever having paid us anything.

EBR I BOUGHT A NEW KINDLE I AM DISABLED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR I DROP THINGS DUE TO MY DISABILITY SO I OFTEN NEED TO REINSTALL

HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND

WHY WHEN I AM INSTALLING THE SAME APP FROM AMAZON MUST I REGISTER A NEW KEY

AND GET THIS STRAIGHT I PAID FOR MY APP, YOU TOOK OVER AN EXISTING APP AND WHETHER I PAID YOU OR THE FORMER DEVELOPERS YOU ARE LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY RESPONSIBLE

YOURE NOT DOING ANYONE NO FAVORS HERE

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED BY ALL THE DISABLED PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THIS APP

SO STOP BEING A BASTARD AND FIX THIS

YOU KNOW AND I KNOW THIS IS ONLY TO FORCE THOSE OF US WHO BOUGHT THE APP ORIGINALLY TO BUY EMBY PREMIERE

YOU COULD SOLVE THE ISSUE BY GIVING EACH BUYER THEIR OWN KEY JUST LIKE YOU DO WITH PREMIERE, BUT YOUD RATHER MAKE US BEG TO  GET WHAT WE ALREADY PAID FOR

YOURE A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING

IT WASNT MY FAULT YOU DECIDED TO TAKE OVER AN APP THAT MANY OF US SUPPORTED IN THE BEGINNING

WHY SHOULD ANYONE SUPPORT YOU NOW WITH YOUR ATTITUDE

I BOUGHT EMBY

I BOUGHT EMBER TOO WHEN IT CAME OUT

i ALSO BOUGHT EMBY FOR WINDOWS TEN

ITS ONLY YOU I HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH. WHY IS THAT? MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOURE AN ASS

I NEVER HAVE AN ISSUE WITH ANY OF THE OTHERS WHEN I MUST REINSTALL ONLY YOU, WHY IS THAT WHY DO YOU INSUIST ON LOCKING ME OUT OF A PROGRAM I PAID FOR

Edited by billneftleberg

Very sorry you feel that way.  I think our reputation proves otherwise.

We will do whatever we can to help you with your situation.  We'll be in touch.

maegibbons

EBR I BOUGHT A NEW KINDLE I AM DISABLED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR I DROP THINGS DUE TO MY DISABILITY SO I OFTEN NEED TO REINSTALL

HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND

WHY WHEN I AM INSTALLING THE SAME APP FROM AMAZON MUST I REGISTER A NEW KEY

AND GET THIS STRAIGHT I PAID FOR MY APP, YOU TOOK OVER AN EXISTING APP AND WHETHER I PAID YOU OR THE FORMER DEVELOPERS YOU ARE LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY RESPONSIBLE

YOURE NOT DOING ANYONE NO FAVORS HERE

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED BY ALL THE DISABLED PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THIS APP

YOU KNOW AND I KNOW THIS IS ONLY TO FORCE THOSE OF US WHO BOUGHT THE APP ORIGINALLY TO BUY EMBY PREMIERE

YOU COULD SOLVE THE ISSUE BY GIVING EACH BUYER THEIR OWN KEY JUST LIKE YOU DO WITH PREMIERE, BUT YOUD RATHER MAKE US BEG TO  GET WHAT WE ALREADY PAID FOR

IT WASNT MY FAULT YOU DECIDED TO TAKE OVER AN APP THAT MANY OF US SUPPORTED IN THE BEGINNING

WHY SHOULD ANYONE SUPPORT YOU NOW WITH YOUR ATTITUDE

I BOUGHT EMBY

I BOUGHT EMBER TOO WHEN IT CAME OUT

i ALSO BOUGHT EMBY FOR WINDOWS TEN

ITS ONLY YOU I HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH. WHY IS THAT? MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOURE AN ASS

I NEVER HAVE AN ISSUE WITH ANY OF THE OTHERS WHEN I MUST REINSTALL ONLY YOU, WHY IS THAT WHY DO YOU INSUIST ON LOCKING ME OUT OF A PROGRAM I PAID FOR

Shocking!  Disabled or not you should be ashamed of yourself for writing this type of post publicly!

You may be frustrated but the following comments have no place PUBLICLY anywhere:

MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOURE AN ASS

The above are just outrageous things to say.

The support from the emby developers IS second to none

Sincerely

Mark Gibbons

• Like 2