Play to MBC clients

Luke
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Perhaps eventually there will be a background service to catch the command, but we don't have that right now.

Is it possible to select a movie from the Android client and then tell it to play to MBC when I am sitting at the start screen of WMC and not actually in MBC?

• Solution
Redshirt

nope. MBC needs to be running to 'hear' the playback request.

• Like 1

Yea definitely. I was thinking with all our mbt devs perhaps this could eventually be built, and done in a way so that both mbt and mbc could use it. not an immediate thing though.

Perhaps the credentials used on the device sending could be used to authenticate/login to the account in MBC.

That is what would have to happen but we need the ability to send those credentials and receive them on the client end, and the ability to tell the client to start up and start playing something right away.  So, it is possible, but a lot of stuff has to happen first.

Thanks for the response and consideration. Looking for reasons to force my family to upgrade from MB2. It works so good that unless I give them compelling evidence to upgrade they balk at any change. I can't understand their attitude of, "if it's not broken quit tinkering with it."

By the way congrats on an impressive charge ahead in a very competitive front end market. MB has come along way since the video browser days and managed to stay relevant after WMC.