ability to adjust playback speed

roberthleeii

I'm sorry, yes i got mixed up with playback speed. What browser and version are you playing with?

lalajee
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm sorry, yes i got mixed up with playback speed. What browser and version are you playing with?

I can see it now. Thank you. 

Has this feature been ported to the Android App yet?  I do no see the option in the player options in Android.  Is it on the roadmap for the app?  

Thanks,

Eric

26 minutes ago, benze said:

Has this feature been ported to the Android App yet?  I do no see the option in the player options in Android.  Is it on the roadmap for the app?  

Thanks,

Eric

It will be in the next update to the app. It's already on the open beta version. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luke said:

It will be in the next update to the app. It's already on the open beta version. Thanks.

I try te beta on Android, great job !

augie754

This is great. Its showing on my Android app, but not on my Fire stick. Amy idea when it will be on the Fire Stick, is there a public Beta for it?

13 minutes ago, augie754 said:

This is great. Its showing on my Android app, but not on my Fire stick. Amy idea when it will be on the Fire Stick, is there a public Beta for it?

Sorry, this has not made it to beta on the Fire app yet.

Does this feature of playback speed work for audiobooks?  Using the web client or IOS client I don't see it as an option.  I'm on server version 4.5.2.0  If it does not is there plans to add this feature for audio?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, goat225 said:

Does this feature of playback speed work for audiobooks?  Using the web client or IOS client I don't see it as an option.  I'm on server version 4.5.2.0  If it does not is there plans to add this feature for audio?  Thanks

Hi, well, our player is technically capable of it, but we just haven't carved out space in the user interface for it yet. It's something we can look at in future updates. thanks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BlindBob said:

Are there any plans to enable Playback Speed for the Roku app?

Hi.  Unfortunately, this is one of the platforms where we will probably have to rely on the manufacturer to make this possible (it isn't currently) - unless possibly we can do something via forcing transcoding...

BlindBob

OK, thanks for answering. 

And is it the same situation with Amazon Fire?

I have a bunch of MP4, AVI, MKV training files that I would love to watch speeded up on my TV. It would save me so much time. 

Just now, BlindBob said:

And is it the same situation with Amazon Fire?

No, the Fire should get this capability.  I cannot give an ETA though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, astralwiz said:

Has the ability to adjust playback speed been incorporated in the latest version of Samsung Tizen TV app?

The Samsung player is a little limited. It mutes the audio when changing speed so we've left it out for now.

astralwiz
On 11/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Luke said:

The Samsung player is a little limited. It mutes the audio when changing speed so we've left it out for now.

Thanks for the effort. I guess it will be developed sometime in near future.

Till such feature is developed, I'll have to continue using PotPlayer (ad-free version) on my laptop and wirelessly cast it to my Samsung Tizen TV. PotPlayer allows upto 12x playback speed. And the audio is comprehensible without sounding like chipmunks for speeds upto 4x depending on video. Great for training videos.

Edited by astralwiz
Rectification
  • Like 1

corvolio

Something to add to this feature that would be awesome is that the playback speed remains the same between episodes of a TV Show or like if i am playing multiple movies in a playlist.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Preserving playback speed from one item to the next, similar to what happens with the playback bitrate setting, would be a nice update.  +1 for that idea.

• Like 2

miniliQuid

Don't need it desperately, but would be a nice addition :D

PS: BTW this isn't in theatre yet right? Or does theatre not upgrade automatically (keep forgetting)?

Edited by miniliQuid
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
esaym153
On 10/31/2020 at 9:05 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Unfortunately, this is one of the platforms where we will probably have to rely on the manufacturer to make this possible (it isn't currently) - unless possibly we can do something via forcing transcoding...

I just now bought a roku 4 ultra to replace my roku 2 from 2015 thinking that I'd get the ability to change playback speeds (which works fine in the browser). But you are basically saying that the roku sdk/api does not allow it for any apps? Is there a good way to convince roku to add this ability?

My main reason for upgrading was to start encoding in vp9 with opus to better save space which I think this is supported in directplay on the roku 4. I guess since I'm re-encoding anyway, I could just re-encode at 1.5x speed. But still, kind of bummed.

2 hours ago, esaym153 said:

I just now bought a roku 4 ultra to replace my roku 2 from 2015 thinking that I'd get the ability to change playback speeds (which works fine in the browser). But you are basically saying that the roku sdk/api does not allow it for any apps? Is there a good way to convince roku to add this ability?

My main reason for upgrading was to start encoding in vp9 with opus to better save space which I think this is supported in directplay on the roku 4. I guess since I'm re-encoding anyway, I could just re-encode at 1.5x speed. But still, kind of bummed.

Hi.  You could post on their forums.  I'm not sure how much good that does but it certainly can't hurt.

• 2 months later...
betobrandao

Hello,

Is there any plan to port this feature to LG WebOS application?

It would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.