Include Collection information on movie's title screen

Diedrich

MrWebsmith

YES to this... a link to any emby collections this is a member of would be great...good idea!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Protektor

Plex does this but instead of just a link to the collection, it actually shows the cover/whatever for each movie in the collection that the movie is a part of. It would be nice to automatically play the next movie in the collection, sort of like how it works when you are prompted for the next episode in a TV season. This would allow you to do a marathon, of say a "Lord of the Rings" collection.

This would allow you to do a marathon, of say a "Lord of the Rings" collection.

Not a bad suggestion but you should be able to do this now by playing the collection itself.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
computerprep

+1 on this.

We have the option to show collections instead of individual movies directly in a movies library, so if those settings are that way, this request would be less helpful. But I prefer to show collections in their own library. So if I find a movie in the main library, or search for a title, a link directly to it's "parent" collection would be great.

My own twist on how to implement this would be to introduce another strip of suggested content, down by the "More Like This" section that shows other titles linked to its collection. The strip should be dynamically titled with the collection's name, since one title could be in multiple collections if added manually. Could get out of hand if someone were to add a single movie to more than two collections, but that wouldn't be common.

Edited by computerprep
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
Diedrich

I’ll see if I can make another mock-up to showcase the new nested collections feature.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
trusselo

I had a feature request on this way back... probably old forum.

I find it kind of ridiculous that the "More Like This..." section does not show other movies in the same collection, nor is there a link to the collection or any mention of it being part of a collection.

More like this does show other movies in the same collection, or rather, it doesn't do anything to exclude them.

And yes I agree, it's ridiculous that everything we'd like to do isn't done already.

• Like 1

computerprep

@@Luke, lol.

Trusselo's post does make me wonder, however... If the "more like this" choices are generated by the server, same-collection titles could be prioritized to show up in release date order before de-prioritized titles, or even as their own #collectionCollapsible above or below #similarCollapsible

It would act as a kind of "next up" for movies kind of like how it works for episodes. And the basic structure is already there on basically every media platform people might stream with.

Diedrich

@@Luke, lol.

Trusselo's post does make me wonder, however... If the "more like this" choices are generated by the server, same-collection titles could be prioritized to show up in release date order before de-prioritized titles, or even as their own #collectionCollapsible above or below #similarCollapsible

It would act as a kind of "next up" for movies kind of like how it works for episodes. And the basic structure is already there on basically every media platform people might stream with.

I see where you are coming from, but I feel that prioritizing movies from the same collection would be redundant to "next up". Plus, isn't that the idea of a collection? It's easy to access films that are related.

"More like this" should have more filtering, imo. More like this should match ≥60% the genre of the displayed title. In many cases it's only matching one genre which is WAY different than what's being displayed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Diedrich

I'm not seeing this in 3.6.0.77, is this yet to be implemented?

It will be in Emby Server 3.6. Thanks.

I'd like to request the display of whether or not a movie is included in any collections.

When you navigate to a movie's title screen, you would see any collections that the movie belongs to. The name of the collection would then be a hyperlink to that collection. If the movie is not included in any collections then none of the text in my mock-up would be shown. Here's the mock-up:

59148546eef2c_2017_05_11_11_30_39_Emby.p

funwithmedia

@@Luke, is the plan that it will display all Collections that an item is a part of? I ask because of how I'm hoping to use Collections sort of like Tags in some cases, as a way to convey certain information to the user (see the last bullet in the following post for more details on what I mean by that: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66595-launch-vudu-external-player-with-movie-content-id/?p=662906 ). My personal preference is that all Collections would be displayed (or somehow easily revealed, with a button press) in Emby Theater.

• Like 1