Autoplay's Cancel Option Should Not Abort Current Episode

mpearon

mpearon

I absolutely love the autoplay feature, and the fact that I can cancel it - but I don't think that it should abort the playback of the current episode.

Instead, I think it should abort the auto advancement and dispose the banner, returning to the episode selection screen - behaving as if Autoplay was not enabled.

Thank you guys for all of your hard work! The product is phenemonal!

/mp

mpearon

@@ebr

I'm not at home, so I can't be 110% sure (and my memory isn't awesome), but I think the button is labeled Cancel.

mpearon

@@ebr

Thank you, sir.

I do still think it would be nice to have a button with "Abort Autoplay" functionality.  I don't think that there has ever been a case where I have wanted the current episode playback to terminate when I hit the current button (labeled "Cancel").  Instead, it should finish the current episode and then return to the episode selection screen.

Typically, by the time that pops up, you are into the credits so stopping the current episode right there makes the most sense (as opposed to waiting out the credits).  I know some shows run right to the end but this is not typical.

• 6 months later...

Typically, by the time that pops up, you are into the credits so stopping the current episode right there makes the most sense (as opposed to waiting out the credits).  I know some shows run right to the end but this is not typical.

Unless you're watching one of the many many shows with after credits segments or previews that continue to the very end of the file.

Unless you're watching one of the many many shows with after credits segments or previews that continue to the very end of the file.

So then all you have to do is dismiss the up next overlay with the Menu button...

So then all you have to do is dismiss the up next overlay with the Menu button...

Well the problem I'm actually having is that I want to have autoplay on most of the time but when I want to prevent it from advancing I don't want to stop it early.  I can dismiss the overlay to continue watching the credits and post-credits but cancelling the autoplay is harder.  I posted mostly to support the case that watching to the very end isn't that unusual.

Can't you just back out of the video when it ends?

Well yes, but that has problems... you have to back out early enough to stop it auto playing anyway which means cutting the video off early.

Well yes, but that has problems... you have to back out early enough to stop it auto playing anyway which means cutting the video off early.

No you don't.  Just back out whenever.  Even if it is right after the next one starts, everything will still be fine and the next episode will be the proper one.

No you don't.  Just back out whenever.  Even if it is right after the next one starts, everything will still be fine and the next episode will be the proper one.

The point is that I don't want the next one to start playing