Watchlist

BigGoose62

• 6 months later...
joaorsfonseca

This is indeed a great idea.

I'll add a new feature for this new section. Be able to be modified by an plugin for ex.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
fbrassin

This should be great.

BTW,

do you know if there is a way to sync somehow trakt whatchlist to emby?

CBers

This should be great.

BTW,

do you know if there is a way to sync somehow trakt whatchlist to emby?

Use the Trakt plugin.

CBers

I use it, but where do i find whatchlist in Emby?

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

You don't want "what you've watched" syncing, you want a "what to watch" list syncing?

fbrassin

Yes, i already sync my whatched movies to trakt, but in trakt there are also lists.

One of these is whatchlist and i would like to sync that one.

CBers

Yes, i already sync my whatched movies to trakt, but in trakt there are also lists.

One of these is whatchlist and i would like to sync that one.

Emby has no concept of "what to watch".

How do you envisage it working?

fbrassin

Well, i've got i big movies library, and i would like to mark somehow the movies i absolutely want to watch and i don't want to forget to watch them.

In trakt i created my watchlist, this watch list automatically remove watched movies from the list.

At the moment in Emby i use favorite but every time i see a movie i have to remove from favorite.

It shoud be nice beeing able to link favorite to trakt watchlist or better should be having possibility to import trakt lists so we could have list for example of top 250, oscar, and so on.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
embyuser24

Having a watch later list can be very useful. I imagine I'm not the only one who spends a lot of time finding something to watch and see a few things that I might want to watch at some point in the future but forget about them if they are not in a list somewhere. Yes you can create playlists, use Favorites or some external list keeping service but they are all more involved than they need to be.

Something similar to Favorites in functionality but with the ability to remove items from "Watch Later" automatically after you are done watching them would be nice.

5b51051dac03a_watchlaterheader1.png 

And add what you want to "Watch Later" with an easy to access button similar to favorites.

5b51058277c27_watchlatertitle1.png

•  Easily accessible, easy to add and remove items. (Very similar to favorites)
  •  Removes items after you are done watching them. It should not be affected by a previous watch status, as in if you have watched something before you should still be able to use this functionality. 
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
theojt

I came here to suggest this same feature, so another vote for "Watchlist" or  "My queue" or whatever it ends up being called.

FYI - On devices running Android 8.0 (which is now both the Shield and Mi Box) the Android TV app supports this using the platform's "Play Next" feature.

This list is across all apps and appears right on the device home screen.

Cerothen

@@ebr the play next feature is good for TV shows you are following but has zero coverage for movies.

At the moment I use favorites more or less how the "watchlist" feature is described here:

Having a watch later list can be very useful. I imagine I'm not the only one who spends a lot of time finding something to watch and see a few things that I might want to watch at some point in the future but forget about them if they are not in a list somewhere. Yes you can create playlists, use Favorites or some external list keeping service but they are all more involved than they need to be.

Something similar to Favorites in functionality but with the ability to remove items from "Watch Later" automatically after you are done watching them would be nice.

5b51051dac03a_watchlaterheader1.png

And add what you want to "Watch Later" with an easy to access button similar to favorites.

5b51058277c27_watchlatertitle1.png

•  Easily accessible, easy to add and remove items. (Very similar to favorites)
  •  Removes items after you are done watching them. It should not be affected by a previous watch status, as in if you have watched something before you should still be able to use this functionality. 

while this works fine for me, others might actually use favorites as it is intended.

@@ebr the play next feature is good for TV shows you are following but has zero coverage for movies.

No, you are thinking of "Up Next" which is an Emby feature.

I'm talking about "Play Next" which is a new Android TV 8.0 feature:

5b65f2afedde5_playnext.png

• 3 months later...

Emby def needs this "watchlist" feature or atleast some way to import the watchlist from trakt. There is so many times Ive come a cross a movie or tv show I want to watch, but later on forget about it.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...