Watchlist

BigGoose62

yeah generally utilizing lists from

https://trakt.tv/search/lists

would be very helpful for finding movies/shows. If they'd be converted to Emby playlists as a scheduled job that would be amazing!

I made a post about this there : 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72981-import-playlist-from-imdbtrakt/

Feel free to add some love there and maybe the devs will hear us and implement it :)

Hi.  Creating a video playlist is not supported yet in the Roku (you can create audio playlists using the audio queue) app but viewing and playing them is.  You can easily create the list with the web app or phone, etc.

Is that what you mean - the actual creation?

Yes @@ebr to create the list that's why I was asking for the my list so my mother and mother in law can create there own list as they have no access to a web or any app except for the roku.

Thanks

Yes @@ebr to create the list that's why I was asking for the my list so my mother and mother in law can create there own list as they have no access to a web or any app except for the roku.

Thanks

What if you just create a playlist called Watchlist and have her add to that (assuming you could do that in the Roku app)?

What if you just create a playlist called Watchlist and have her add to that (assuming you could do that in the Roku app)?

The UI to add to a playlist is not in the Roku app yet.

Yea I'm saying if it were, do we really need a whole new feature for this. It seems like we could just as easily expand on our playlist features.

theusedversion

I use collections as my watchlist. You can create a collection and name it in such a way that it appears at the beginning of all collections.  I originally had just one huge collection for everything I wanted to watch but it made Emby slow to a crawl and almost unusable.  So be careful of a super huge collection with several hundred movies to watch (but maybe it's okay and I just had some unique issue).  Anyways, I ended up breaking my watchlist into different basic genres and I use that.  I agree though that a watchlist feature would be great.

5dfb5798d4f9e_Untitled1.jpg

Edit: I just realized the background color on those posters is off.  It's supposed to match the top bar.  That's going to annoy me to death unless I fix it.  Ughhh.

Edited by theusedversion
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a quick thought for how something like a watch list might be implemented quickly:

What if for the latest TV row on the home screen a setting could be made that would only display latest tv from shows that were on the favorite list and also unwatched?

Right now the latest tv row shows every single newly acquired episode that is unwatched from every show/series on my system. I have multiple users all with different tastes and their own unique favorites. If the home row for latest had a toggle option to only display new episodes from favorites or to display all new latest episodes that would probably work as a simple stop gap or even as a functional watchlist entirely.

Food for thought!

Edited by TheGru

• 1 month later...
bruor

Here's how I envision the use case for this.

My emby instance is a massive collection of auto populating content.  It could also be content that is auto acquired through some tigger mechanism (more on this below)

Imagine you're out for dinner with some friends and they suggest a great show, the show or movie may be coming out later in the year. 

Presently:

-If Emby has it, I could add the series to a playlist, but then I need to manage/prune the playlist by hand during and after it is watched.  I also probably should create 1 playlist per series and of I mix movies in that will get confusing so I'll need to make a separate playlist for those. 

-If Emby doesn't have it, I need to make a note of this new content elsewhere like the Trakt watchlist.  With Trakt, when I watch the content on the list it is automatically pruned from the watchlist. I can also use tools to see what I want to watch on this list to try to auto acquire the content so it can be added to the Emby library.  

Future:

If Emby's Trakt plugin could read your personal watchlist, and add any Series and Movie items that exist in your library to a ribbon (similar to and perhaps excluding anything already in continue watching) you'd have a list of shows and movies that you'd like to watch which is auto populated as you add new content, and pruned as you consume it. 

I don't see any reason that the watchlist couldn't be an emby internal feature as suggested to which library items could be manually added, especially if you're wanting to re-watch a show or set of movies.  You might just need to flag trakt entries so thay can be pruned during a sync without accidentally removing manually added entries. And of course delete the internal entries when playback is complete.  Note: Trakt removes a series from the watchlist once the first episode is marked played, which would be fine for me because then the series should be visible under continue watching. 

• 4 months later...
BillybobBilly

Just throwing in support of this idea.

I regularly tell my users to add movies to their favorites if they want to remember something for later viewing. This is not ideal as it dilutes the favorites but there is currently no better option. A "want to watch later" kind of thing would be very, very useful for servers with a lot of content. My biggest complaint from users is there is way too much stuff to sift through when trying to find something to watch.

• Agree 1

wisfalls

+1 for simple watch list.  I have family members that use favorites but they don't remove them after watching and the list gets huge.

• Agree 1

roaku
11 hours ago, wisfalls said:

+1 for simple watch list.  I have family members that use favorites but they don't remove them after watching and the list gets huge.

I wrote a stop gap plugin called Listify that can help with this using standard playlists.

fbrassin
1 hour ago, roaku said:

I wrote a stop gap plugin called Listify that can help with this using standard playlists.

Nice,

i see attached version is dated 2022? It is still developed?

roaku
17 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

Nice,

i see attached version is dated 2022? It is still developed?

Yes.

I got it to the point that it did what I needed.

If bugs are reported or requests for more features come in, I'm around for more development.

• 5 weeks later...

+1 for import trakt watchlist in emby. Or maybe integration with something like just watch. 

The one thing missing in emby for me is what plex now does in aggregating all your subscribed streaming services into one watchlist. 

Edited by Nimjam3

rbjtech

I'm eagerly waiting for Playlists to be properly displayed as 'libraries' - so you can then simply add to a personal playlist/watchlist.

The latest beta allow you to now add the actual 'Playlist' to the front menu - but once clicked, it then shows it as a playlist which is not great.

I simply want to be able to add a 'playlist' as a library/channel and have it display as such - that would solve so many of these issues around 'spotlights, watch lists, top picks..' etc 

I have a plugin ready to do this - but Luke advised this is 'imminent' so I held off ... 

• Agree 1

fbrassin
14 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I'm eagerly waiting for Playlists to be properly displayed as 'libraries' - so you can then simply add to a personal playlist/watchlist.

The latest beta allow you to now add the actual 'Playlist' to the front menu - but once clicked, it then shows it as a playlist which is not great.

I simply want to be able to add a 'playlist' as a library/channel and have it display as such - that would solve so many of these issues around 'spotlights, watch lists, top picks..' etc 

I have a plugin ready to do this - but Luke advised this is 'imminent' so I held off ... 

If you want to share your plugin, it should be interesting. 🙂