Can't play some files remotely

Derickva

Derickva

Recent problem since 3.2.14, remote clients running in addon mode cannot play any files with subtitles "playlist cant find next item to play" or " see log for details" if I increase the playback quality to default 100mb it will play and kodi boxes with direct path will play. The only thing that will play on any kodi box is media without subtitle files ( and all my media has subtitle files ) seems to be a combination of Subtitles weather they are enabled or not and transcoding. 

emby theater works fine remotely 1mb transcoding with or without subtitles, just an issue with kodi both krypton and Jarvis.

I've attached kodi logs and server logs.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled kodi and re scanned the library and restored user account and settings, reset databases on kodi multiple times with various settings

oddly enough it started working while it was doing the first server library scan but once it completed back to not letting things play. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

server-63629884800.zip

kodi.log

xnappo

I am not too familiar with this bit.  @@Angelblue05 - looks like maybe we are appending the quality request to the subtitle request and the server doesn't like that?

Derickva

if this isn't fixable, Is it possible to install an older version of emby server.? how do you do a complete uninstall.? I installed from what I thought was an older install file but when I opened the server page it was current version.

Oh this is probably the api_key change. There was a fix to the addon that was published for this, although it might only be in beta. @@xnappo how does he get the update?

• Like 1

SilentStrike

Just to add to this, I'm experiencing the same issue. Haven't been able to test whether it's subtitle only files, but the moment I transcode on my side, I'm blocked for the same reasons. Let me know if you need my logs as well!

ekhlasur

I had the same issue. My tv-attached media players direct stream. My tablet (with slow wifi) streams with trasnscode. 

It works using Kodi Emby Addon v2.3.48 from the beta repo. 

• Like 1

SilentStrike

Can anyone having with HTTP streaming/transcoding issues please try the beta and report back if it fixes the problem.

Beta addon? Or beta server?

Yes this is my mistake for pushing that out before ready, apologies. However, we're going to have another server update going out so I will remove the requirement for now to give more time for the addon update to be released.

To answer your question from earlier, every now and then a user comes in and complains about api methods that don't require the security token. That in turn forces us to secure them all. This is basically the last one left. Thanks.

• Like 1

SilentStrike

I'm still on the stable plugin in Kodi. Tried to update.. Version didn't change, issue is still present. Any ideas why?

SilentStrike

And by side panel you mean opening my Emby options and pressing "update". That's what I did.

Angelblue05

No, I mean, go to the addon section in Kodi. Then open the side menu > check for updates. The addon section should have like: view your addons, install from zip, and a few more options.

Which version of kodi are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

SilentStrike

There we go! Thanks for that. I had no idea that the update button didn't actually look for updates, but simply installed some if the system had already found some.

Everything works fine now, thanks!

• Like 1