Assign m3u playlist to user

PremiumRed

27 minutes ago, Sab39 said:

Just jumping back in on this... since the UI already exists within emby for live tv (tv guide etc), would it be fairly simple to allow the server admin add in a users own m3u and epg url into that specific users profile? They'd be limited to whatever their providers limit on streams per their own account. Emby would just be the player for that account. I'm sure its more difficult than that, but hoping this type of feature can be implemented soon. If emby is just used as the player, the signal is received directly from the m3u server and not the emby server? the emby server just gets used as a login portal at that point and then the handoff to the tv server? I'm probably missing something here though.

Not that simple, no, but the main idea of this topic is doable and something we plan to look at. Thanks.

Sab39
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Not that simple, no, but the main idea of this topic is doable and something we plan to look at. Thanks.

I appreciate you keeping it on deck for one day. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
griam01

Was just looking for this feature functionality.  I can define my users in BossTV with a username and define their channels, for example, my mother in law doesn't care about certain sports, she just wants her local channels and westerns.  So I can create her an m3u with just her few channels without having to remove and add tags everywhere in a simple interface on BossTV which allows manipulation of multiple channels/categories at once (limitation on Emby).  Then I can limit her to 1 stream because that is all she will need.  Trying to ask her to use tags and manipulate the interface is too complex for her, so this would be easier.  That is my personal use case.  Thank you for your time.

• 1 month later...
Guest juanmartinbravo

I'd love to have this feature too. Then Emby would be the only to-go place for my friends and family when it comes to multimedia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...