Assign m3u playlist to user

PremiumRed

PremiumRed

Also,

It would be cool if we have various m3u lists and have the option to choose/assign each m3u list for each user..

Example. In user settings we can choose which library to give them for VOD so this shouldnt be hard enough to do it for live tv too no?

USER 1

- Playlist 1

- Playlist 2

- Playlist 3

USER 2

- Playlist 3

USER 3

- Playlist 1

- Playlist 3

Etc etc....

*** Delete this message from another topic I opened because I posted it by accident there

• Like 42
  • Agree 2

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

With the feature you are requesting.

Do you expect it to get around the 5 stream limitation that most IPTV providers set?

If I have 10 IPTV accounts with 5 streams per account. Would your feature request allow me to assign all 50 streams without breaking the 5 limit per account restriction?

• 3 months later...
rickettshome

Hey, 

I would like to add my support for this request. The IPTV Service I use only allows one stream per user and there are 8 users on my system.

I'm very interested in me too. :)

I would also add:

- select the single or all channels visible to the user.

- Having the possibility to use different tuners for the same channel.

Example, I have two lan tuners, each tuner has its own m3u, with the same channels, I would like to see only one channel and the system automatically if the first tunner is busy using the second. :wub:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Thuzad

The option to restrict library access to a user is already present.

It should be added option for the live tv. Like the screen: Screenshot from 2018-10-09 12-45-56.png

There is also this option in the IPTV plugin to restrict access to one or more channels. This option is very interesting but it should be possible to add a m3u playlist and restrict access to this playlist or several. Management would be much easier than restricting chain access.

I also saw the solution to edit the metadata and to use the parental control on this link: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38553-different-iptv-playlist-assigned-to-different-user/

I had the idea, parse a m3u playlist, to use the IPTV plugin API (which does not seem to exist) to add each channel, then restrict access to each user through the API (which does not does not seem to exist either).

If not I wanted to mass edit the meta-data through the API or another way that I did not find. To add a label and restrict access through parental control.

Someone would have an idea if it's possible? Or how else?
Is it planned in the future or not?

post-259220-0-41511900-1539081988_thumb.png

post-259220-0-44603900-1539081994_thumb.png

Edited by Floflobel

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to understand the need for this.  This is for TV channels correct?

If so why can't you assign a TAG to the channel itself then use parental filtering?

This would work for OTA, Cable, Premium TV and IPTV channels.

bretswinney

I have an iptv subscription that only allows 1 stream so I would like to hide that so only i can use it to record or watch TV instead of setting it up on its own server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretswinney

I'm trying to understand the need for this. This is for TV channels correct?

If so why can't you assign a TAG to the channel itself then use parental filtering?

This would work for OTA, Cable, Premium TV and IPTV channels.

How would you tag channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretswinney

I really think this is needed.  Just had someone accidentally mess up my recording tonight because they tried to use the tuner i was recording on.  Please move this up the list.  Everyone please comment & like so the devs will see we need this!

• 1 month later...
informaweb

@@ebr or @Luke 
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71179-select-iptv-by-user-and-recorder-and-grouping-iptv-channels/

My topic is to do a scan channels to find the quality and format audio / video channels on m3u lists or we have no info.

example, for the TF1 channel, I have TF1 in 1080p Dolby Digital +, TF1 in 1080p AAC 2.0, TF1 in 720p and TF1 in SD. but I do not know which ones as long as I have not tested.
So if Emby tests the channels, he can retrieve the information and can allow the choice of audio / video quality to the user. And if a link from the M3U list for the channel in question no longer works, it can switch to another link (so another audio / video format)

The goal is also to reduce the number of identical TV channels in the list of channels and also to avoid having 4, 5 times the same information in the program guide.

My lists of M3U channels can only take one user. But nothing is indicated as what a user looks at a TV channel and therefore prevents the reading of the entire list of channels for other users.

Moreover, if a channel does not work, it creates a crash in the TV channels totally preventing to start another channel (It is indicated that the TV service is already used ...)

• 1 month later...
Thuzad

Luke is it possible to add parental control tags easily for an IPTV Tuner? Currently we are obliged to add the tags on each channel, which becomes very quickly complicated to manage. It could be a temporary solution.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...