How do you organize your non video? comics, music, ebooks?

wraslor

wraslor

Just curious how people organize their music, is there any program along the line of MCM for movies that will move, rename, and fetch metadata for music, comics, etc?

shaefurr

For ebooks calibre is the best, dunno about comics, for music its not nearly as simple as mcm, but I use mp3tag or media monkey

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

trusselo

I used music bee to organize my music... Im not giving it my seal of approval but it worked...

it can find missing tag information (or completely rewrite....) get album art, as images and/or include in tag info, re-orgainize your files based on artist / album, ect many options

***just make sure if using batch tagging, to remove the option to include albums with multiple artists er something like that... ***can make a mess.  all songs with no album ends up coming from some mix album "Alternative 90s vol 23."

just google music managers.

Edited by trusselo

Koleckai Silvestri

My music is stored by Artist -> Album -> Track. For years I just let iTunes organize it and that is the directory format it put things in. Using MP3Tag, Media Monkey, or MusicBrainz' Picard never really altered the structure. The structure works in MediaBrowser, Plex and XBMC so never really thought about changing it further.

Don't have a lot of eBooks stored locally and they are just in a "Books" folder.

Photos are in directories based on event (Daughter's Graduation, Son's Graduation, Disneyland Trip, Russian River Trip, etc...) with year directories for those random photos taken whenever. I also have a "Family Photos" directory full of old pictures of myself when I was a kid, my wife's kid pictures, special pictures from my kids growing up, etc...

Thinking of starting a comic book collection for my stepson. He likes them but is rough on the printed ones so they don't last. Haven't figured out how to do that digitally yet though I know there are some apps for iPhone and Android.

steve1977

I am only collecting music and no comics or ebooks. Can highly recommend Musicbrainz Picard if you have a large collection. Far advanced and superior compared to mp3tag. Takes a while to love it as it is not as user friendly, but once you are over this, it kills everything with its depth of music database!!!