no sync/offline in app

aptalca
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aptalca

Hi,

I'm using 2.8.87 on samsung galaxy s8 android 7. The server is 3.2.14.0 and in the android app, I get no offline tab and no buttons or options to sync or make offline in the interface. I do however see the settings option for offline and can change the location and such.

If I initiate the sync from another device onto the phone, the server converst (if necessary) and then gets stuck on "Ready to transfer".

Is there something I'm missing in terms of enabling offline sync on this phone?

Thanks

aptalca

No Downloads tab.

At the bottom, I only have Home, Now Playing and More. More has Manage Server, Reports, Select Server, Settings and Sign Out

For the user that is logged in, go to Emby Server and check that they have permission to download media.

aptalca

The user is the admin and the only user on the server. I just checked and it has all the permissions checked. I tried unchecking, saving and rechecking and saving and still no download tab

aptalca

Actually I'm not able to sync anything to the win10 uwp theater either. That one has the manage downloads options in the settings as well as the make offline options in the gui and shows the media that is ready to be synced but it's been stuck at "Ready to transfer" for hours now. The server shows both the android and the win10 sync jobs as ready to transfer.

Edited by aptalca

The UWP app will download on it's own in the background, as long as it has an active wifi connection.

aptalca

I think I identified the issue, but cannot fix it.

On android, I go to manage server, go to users and click on the user. Every time, the sync permission is unchecked. I check it, save it, next time I go there, it is unchecked again. It doesn't stick

Aeolius

Seeing same as above Android 7.2.2 Nexus 6p, also shows allow sync unchecked but won't stick if checked back

• Solution

We need to push out an update for the android app. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

aptalca

Latest update seems to have fixed it. The setting (now called download instead of sync, just like the server app gui) sticks and the downloads tab appears.

Thanks

Edited by aptalca

• 2 months later...

@@aptalca

@@Riccardo

@@Aeolius

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

aptalca

Just tested it on an international flight and it worked beautifully.

I realize the feature is new so a feature request would be to support resume points with offline media and syncing resume points and watched status when connection to server is reestablished.