Does Emby remove duplicate channels?

Jorpd
Go to solution Solved by maegibbons,

Jorpd

Hi,

My IPTV provider gives alternate channels for SD/HD/FHD in case a stream goes down temporarily.

However, emby seems to ignore duplicates, I only ever see one channel (when in some cases there should be three).

Is this intended behaviour? And, Is there a way to turn it off? I'd like the ability to offer my users these alternate streams for big sports days etc.

I was going to try a workaround with an additional m3u file and giving them odd 'backup' names, but thought I'd see if there was a cleaner way of achieving this.

Thanks

maegibbons

Hi

Yes you can have mu;ltiple channels of similar streams.

Are you specifying different channel-id tags in the m3u file?

Best to give an example.  Who is your IPTV provider?

Krs

Mark

Jorpd

That looks like it'll be the case maegibbons. Here's an example:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Sky Sports 1 HD" tvg-name="UK: SKY SPORTS 1 FHD" tvg-logo="https://ia601501.us.archive.org/10/items/SkySports1Hd/sky%20sports%201%20hd.png"group-title="UK: SKY SPORTS",UK: SKY SPORTS 1 FHD
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Sky Sports 1 HD" tvg-name="UK: SKY SPORTS 1 HD" tvg-logo="https://ia601501.us.archive.org/10/items/SkySports1Hd/sky%20sports%201%20hd.png"group-title="UK: SKY SPORTS",UK: SKY SPORTS 1 HD
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Sky Sports 1 HD" tvg-name="UK: SKY SPORTS 1" tvg-logo="https://ia601501.us.archive.org/10/items/SkySports1Hd/sky%20sports%201.png"group-title="UK: SKY SPORTS",UK: SKY SPORTS 1

So if I edit the tvg-id tags, we should be good?

• Solution
maegibbons

if you add

channel-id="2001"

etc to the individual lines (with different channel numbers) then yes.

Where are you getting your guide data?

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

maegibbons

I notice you are with  ace iptv

So am I!  I did an access Database with all the channels to generate an m3u.

However, looks like you are on the new channel line up.  @@Spaceboy redid my database with the newer lineup so he may be able to give you a copy.

It also has all the correct mapping to Schedules Direct for guide data.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

Jorpd

I'm getting my guide data from schedules direct. For some reason, emby wasn't making much sense of the xmltv guide that ace provide. The lineup was correct in the guide view, but images/metadata weren't being pulled. Schedules direct remedied that.

What's the benefit of generating the m3u from a database? Does it assist with adding the channel-ids?

Just to clarify, would adding channel-id values stop it detecting the channels i posted above as 355, 337, 354 (Etc)? if so, that would be great.

maegibbons

If you are getting good mapping then the benefit would be editing of channel Id in a database rather than the m3u.

The 355,337,354 are the ace stream numbers.  Emby is probably using those because it cannot see anything else to use.

Put in channel-id and emby will use that as the channel number for sorting in the guide.

Krs

Mark

Jorpd

A lot of the mapping was done manually, so i'd be interested in going down that road if it avoids me having to go through all of that manual mapping again.

If you're able to provide an example database with your credentials redacted that'd be really useful.

Either way, thanks for the advice on channel-id, i'll be implementing that.

Cheers

maegibbons

Well wait for @@Spaceboy to respond. His version of the DB will suit you better. There is an output routine where you enter your credentials just once.

Krs

Mark

• 1 month later...
kf6dlq

+1 on this, as I am with Ace as well (new Premium) and that dang channel-id is the only thing keeping me from using Emby, and editing 1600+ lines would be not good.  Would love to see this Access DB