sudden issues with x5 z8350 atom playback

Lee

Lee

@@Luke I've noticed lately the start up update process takes ages now.. Sometimes think it's not going to start. Maybe a checking for updates screen? Or a setting for weekly intervals on update checks?

Also getting a lot of error messages upon install/upgrade.. Thinking could this be a factor with my playback issues..?

@@Luke I've noticed lately the start up update process takes ages now.. Sometimes think it's not going to start. Maybe a checking for updates screen? Or a setting for weekly intervals on update checks?

Also getting a lot of error messages upon install/upgrade.. Thinking could this be a factor with my playback issues..?

that is only when it is unpacking a new update, and yes, we should have a loading screen for that.

it is important to try and provide useful and detailed information.  you say there are messages, what are they?

Lee

I've no idea what else I can do at this point.. I've sent all my logs in.. Can you advise on how I get the old version working because atm I can't watch anything without going to a web browser which is garbage

What you can do is provide more detail. What messages are you referring to? What about the listing of your settings that we asked for earlier? thanks !

Guest asrequested

Lee, if it were me, I would reestablish a baseline. While sitting at the machine (not operating remotely), I would completely remove theater. Reboot. Go to the website and reinstall. Start the app, run it for a minute, not using it or changing anything. Close it, wait a minute, restart. Wait until the UI settles. Don't change any settings, and play something. Have your screenshot software open, to capture any notifications. Post on here screenshots and details of what specifically happened if you encounter any problems? I think we need to start from the beginning and forget what has happened up this point. We should chart each stage of testing, so we can see what, if anything needs to be adjusted.

Lee

@

Sound advice. I had already had a bit of a go at this last night.

I suspect I'm not getting glen installs/upgrades...

I removed all traces and reinstalled last night.

There were far more video switches than before in 2.7.1

So I played a hevc video (most problematic) with baseline/standard settings.. No dice

Changed audio to pass through and speaker environment to 5.1

No change

Changed video to hw acc- auto

No change

Changed to windows d3d

Marked improvement but still stuttering

So is intel quicksync coming to video as I noted ATI and NVidia hw acceleration is there?

So atm I'm still stuck with 1080p 60mbps playback thru browser or it's unwatchable.

It says direct playback - but I think it's transcoding as waves and crowds of people made the stutter markedly worse?

oh and @@Luke no the fps and bandwidth isn't good enough to use rdp is it? I'm only remoting in for logs

Lee

Note *clean installs/upgrades... Stupid autocorrects

Lee

Also worth adding I didn't catch the exact fault window when it happened.. Was a few builds ago now but it was to do with access to appdata roaming..

Guest asrequested

OK. So reset all settings back to default, and change hardware acceleration to auto copy back. And test.

by default with standalone mpv, hwdec=no, so maybe he should keep hardware acceleration at no since he said standalone mpv worked well.

Lee

i did notice a few times I forgot to mention the theme video was playing instead of the episode..

got this screengrab just...

maybe its playing two videos at a time ??? although the server doesn't say so

post-299-0-47597900-1495209877_thumb.jpg

auto copyback doesn't work

neither does none

What does doesn't work mean? is it failing to play?

Lee

it will play with any of the hw acc profiles.. just stutters

haven't tried cuda as its not nvidia so suspect that won't work..

@ pulling what from the internet? the theme? i have no idea.. i've no plugins installed

Lee

hmmm... it won't the control panel spazzes and reverts back to 59hz

Lee

battery had died on my mousepad.. that's why I couldn't choose another refresh rate... 23hz sorted it..

frame rate switching not working???

Can we just talk about basic playback right now since that seems to be where your issue is? thanks.