waiting for client request...

Lee

when I had this issue I uninstalled and downloaded the latest from googledrive??

my server is set to beta, dev is too unstable with the wife being clueless!!!

just installed latest, it says sequence contains no elements in MBS dashboard>live tv> guide

When that has happened to me in the past, I was able to "fix" mine by

1) shutting down both MBS and SWMC

2) start SWMC first

3) wait a few seconds

4) start MBS

Not sure if all steps are necessary, just telling the steps I used that worked.  I did not do any real troubleshooting to identify exactly what was or wasn't required.

• Like 1

just uninstalled and reinstalled, checked i'm defo on BETA in server and plugin. only 16 is showing I got version 1126 on the install package

When that has happened to me in the past, I was able to "fix" mine by

1) shutting down both MBS and SWMC

2) start SWMC first

3) wait a few seconds

4) start MBS

Not sure if all steps are necessary, just telling the steps I used that worked.  I did not do any real troubleshooting to identify exactly what was or wasn't required.

that worked for me before too, doesn't appear to now??

krustyreturns

ServerWMC always shows 'waiting for client request' when its, well, waiting for a client request.  Your log says MBS connected fine, but for some reason it stops there.  Maybe you didn't post it all.

Anyway your running a very old version of the plugin (.16), please run the newest version of the plugin (1.0.0.24-release) and the newest version of serverwmc (1126)  if you still have problems, then post a link to the whole server log.

blade005

ServerWMC always shows 'waiting for client request' when its, well, waiting for a client request.  Your log says MBS connected fine, but for some reason it stops there.  Maybe you didn't post it all.

Anyway your running a very old version of the plugin (.16), please run the newest version of the plugin (1.0.0.24-release) and the newest version of serverwmc (1126)  if you still have problems, then post a link to the whole server log.

krusty,

FYI,

Versions don't seem to synch in MBS. Plugin catalog shows .16 as the latest release and what is installed. LIVE TV status page shows that .24 is running.

Edited by blade005

I set the plugin level to dev, still shows 16. I dare not set MBserver to dev for fear of a beating from wife or daughter if it stops working!!!

krustyreturns

?  Well I release .23 almost a week ago.  I think I am doing something wrong.  Do I need to release these plugins as 'developer' instead of 'release'?

blade005

?  Well I release .23 almost a week ago.  I think I am doing something wrong.  Do I need to release these plugins as 'developer' instead of 'release'?

Krusty,

Maybe I should be more specific. I am on the BETA version of MBS not the DEV version.  Early on that was the recommended upgrade option, if you didn't want to wander off into potentially unstable DEV releases. Maybe issue is that I am on RELEASE version of your plugin. Will change to BETA and restart MBS and see what shows up. But, as stated before, the status in LIVE TV tab shows that .24 is running.

Edited by blade005

krustyreturns

I am running 'beta' on my media server, when I go to the catalog I see the last version (.23) not .16

I'm assuming .24 will be there shortly.

krustyreturns

This log looks like you started serverwmc while MBS was left running since MBS is not sending any requests for guide data.  

Make sure the date and time is set correctly on this computer, inside of the mbs dashboard - go to scheduled tasks and choose 'refresh guide data'.

You should then see a bunch of lines in the serverwmc log that start with GetEntries, which is mbs getting guide data.  Let me know if you see these.

definitely started serverWMC first on this one. same result

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=37YnP1zc"></script>

that's MBS log

and this

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=G3yvKGS3"></script>

is the serverWMC one.

all scheduled programs and series links show up fine btw!

krustyreturns

It seems that MBS is throwing an error when it tries to get guide data (see below), because of this swmc is never getting the guide requests.  Since the error below is complaining about channel information, are your channels showing up okay?  Anything strange there (other than the lack of guide data)?

1. 2014-02-15 09:02:57.8230 Error - App: Error getting channel information for BBC TWO HD
  2.            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  3.            at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  4.            at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.CreateResolveArgs(FileSystemInfo pathInfo)
Edited by krustyreturns

My guide data is all ok. I do use epgcollector though. Maybe that's the issue. I don't want to stop using that though tbh as the guide data and series links are invariably better than what Microsoft can muster!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

That said I've used the ceton app without issue before... For remote recording.

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

krustyreturns

It seems like the error has to do with channel data, not epg data.  Serverwmc is not getting a chance to try and provide guide data due to the error I posted.  But possibly you are right that ultimately epgcollector  is the cause.  Is it easy to turn it off to experiment without it?