Yatse with Emby support

Tolriq

• 4 weeks later...
Tolriq
Yatse 9.5.0 is released

* Added support for Android BubbleUPnP for audio transcoding in videos, no more need to install the server part if your phone can handle the task. (Enable in Streaming settings)

* Small design tweaks.

* Chromebook: Space bar toggle play/pause and backspace directly act as back.

* Removed support for custom images for genres/tags that no one use and had a small performance impact.

* Renamed LockScreen Control option to Publish media session as it better reflect it's use. (Mainly volume control outside Yatse)

* Fixed dimming not working in some cases on Android 10.

* Many details fixes and optimizations.

Do not forget to rate the application.

If you like this, please buy the Unlocker / Donate to ensure continued development.

• 2 weeks later...
groenator

I am trying to play LiVe TV from Emby locally, via my android phone, however, I am not able to play. I've used mx player, vlc, default player (I am still asked to choose a player - very confusing), none of the players worked. How can I play PVR locally?

groenator

This doesn't seem to fix the issue. I would expected a solution on how to fix it. I've looked at the logs, they seem ok(ish).

Tolriq

Of course it does not fix anything, this is for you to gather logs for me :)

I'm glad you find the logs ok, but maybe I'm better placed to analyse them? :) 

I can't give you any solution without those logs and more details as you may be aware magic does not exist.

Tolriq

Ok can you please try to join the beta group on Play Store and test with 9.5.5b1 seems you are in one of the cases where Emby tries to generate hls MKV that ffmepg no more support.

groenator

I've tried what you said and no luck. I installed the beta version, whenever I play a stream an error shows; cannot play stream. I will attach more logs.

groenator

Btw, I am using xteve in front of emby for IPTV and buffering is enabled. I can play live tv via the emby app with no issues. Can xteve be the issue here?

Tolriq

Hum yes it's possible, Emby says that transcoding is supported but does not return the transcoding url and direct play is not supported. I should switch to directstream in that case but currently don't as this case never presented in my tests.

Can you give me a temporary access to your Emby server in private so I can do some more tests to be sure to properly fix and handle all cases ?

Tolriq
Yatse 9.5.5 is released

* Note: Translations are made by users and some language like German needs your help. Press translations button in settings to contribute. Thanks
* First run/wizard is no more tied to Kodi, greatly simplifying experience for non Kodi users.
* Added new option to use TV Show posters as episode thumbnails in overview screens.
* Fixed many cases where you could end up in an unsupported Yatse screen after media center change.
* Improve local player selection and discoverability of the associated setting (Reminder: To have playcount and resume point working with VLC you need to select it as video player in settings).
* Fixed source filtering when using shared Kodi databases.
* Fixed BubbleUPnP usage when streaming from offline cache.
* Fixed some no more working transcoding cases from Emby/Jellyfin/Plex.

If you like this, please buy the Unlocker / Donate to ensure continued development.

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
#Yatse 9.6.0 is released

* Important: As announced earlier, smart filters and editing custom commands are now paid features, default custom commands can still be imported in free version, please contact support if you think more defaults should be added.

* Implemented smart playlists. You can now create dynamic playlists from smart filters with limits and sorts!

* Added support for now playing song rating for Plex.

* Added support for seeking even when transcoding generate non seekable content.

* Updated many Google libraries, please report any issues to support as usual.

* Fixed configured starting page not working sometimes.

* Fixed some issues when streaming m3u8 files to Chromecast.

* Fixed playlist ordering and reordering not always working.

* Fixed some rare streaming issues.

* Fixed some issues with cancelling download manager tasks.

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
Yatse 10.0.0 is released

* Changed: Major tweaking, improvements and fixes for all themes.

* Added: 3 new themes (Bluish, Purplish, Grey)

* Added: 3 themes variations that follow Android 10 dark mode setting to switch between two themes.

* Removed: No more light with dark remote theme, as nearly not used and Android 10 dark mode switch or tasker fit that need.

* Note: Remember that accentColor is configurable for each hosts and that not all color combination looks good :) Edit your hosts to change it's color.

* Added: Edge to edge design for Android 10.

* Added: Theme switching to Tasker plugin.

* Added: Smart filters for top sections are now kept between sessions.

* Added: List and delete Smart Syncs from Manage offline files.

* Added: Major update to internal audio player to support playing natively a lot more codecs like ALAC on all devices.

* Added: Playlists are now usable from Android Auto.

* Added: Local device audio player properly keep playcounts and last played status.

* Changed: Updated major Google libraries, please report any issues to support as usual.

* Fixed: Properly reload PVR filters on host change.

* Fixed: Added hacks to better support last played for albums on Plex.

* Fixed: Some rare issues with offline downloads.

* Fixed: Playing video queues on local device stopping after 2 videos.

* Fixed: Potential issue when using Play on network media player.

* Fixed: Many other fixes and optimizations.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
Yatse 10.0.5 is released

Important: As announced earlier, local device media center usage is now a paid feature.

* Added: Audio player variable playback speed (0.5 to 3x) for Audio Books lovers.

* Added: Support for songs, albums and audio playlist resuming. (If you have more request for audio books please use community forum)

* Added: Starting recently played albums from Android Auto will automatically resume them for easier Audio Book handling during commutes.

* Added: Android Auto can now display grids when appropriate and always provide images for display consistency.

* Added: New options for Android Auto to help handling large list that it does not support well. (Disable images and automatic letter navigation for large lists)

* Added: In preparation for Android R, custom commands and settings export are now saved internaly (But still automatically shared for easy copy)

* Added: Easy import of custom commands from files

* Added: Internal file manager to share or delete logs and exported files (Custom commands and settings)

* Added: Return of Greek translation thanks to Choritis M.

* Changed: Added a warning in left menu when remote is missing due to no support from current player. (Can be removed in settings)

* Fixed: Cloud save issues due to Google play services changes.

* Fixed: Some possible usage of pro features after trial end.

* Fixed: Added workarounds for some Android memory leaks.

* Fixed: Properly update Kodi last played date when playing fully offline media.

* Fixed: Added confirmation dialog before resetting settings.

* Fixed: Possible issues when using MPC as Kodi external player.

Edited by Tolriq
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Tolriq
Yatse 10.1.5 is released

* Added: Preliminary support of Plex remote clients visible as normal cast targets (currently no queue support). (Please report on this feature on what works or not as even the official Plex application is unstable on this)

* Added: Support for static playlist import from Plex, Emby and Jellyfin.

* Added: Sync notification now display details about what is syncing and syncing is optimized to always priorize current host.

* Changed: Major changes in the internal compilation process, please report issues on exotic devices.

* Changed: Another major internal rewrite, as usual report issues with details.

* Changed: Some custom commands are automatically imported on host add to improve functions discovery.

* Fixed: Issues when casting to some Airplay devices.

* Fixed: Optimize some queries for faster syncs.

* Fixed: Seeking on last Kodi 19 versions.

* Fixed: Yatse sometimes not showing the paste dialog when searching from addons like Youtube.

PS: Yes no 10.1.0 thanks to Google Android Auto wonderful review team and random validation bugs

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
Yatse 10.2.0 just released.

* Added: Support for multiple versions of media for downloading/streaming (Plex/Emby/Jellyfin)

* Added: Support export/import of Yatse favourites and playlists to backup files/cloud save. (Those are tied to hosts so export/imports hosts at the same time)

* Added: Import/Export playlists to files for easy sharing and backup.

* Added: Finally opening a Reddit community https://www.reddit.com/r/YatseRemote/ for those who only use that.

* Changed: Sync speed improvements.

* Fixed: Automatic offline mode and remote as start page should now be compatible at the same time.

* Fixed: Automatic offline mode sometimes not auto reverting.

* Fixed: Sync notification staying after sync is ended on some devices.

* Fixed: Assigned custom commands sometimes missing their icons in remote.

* Fixed: Allociné button for actors.

* Fixed: Possible Plex loggin error with non primary accounts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
Yatse 10.2.5 just released.

* Added: Enabled multiple view type for favourites.

* Added: Improve Kodi party mode discoverability by adding it directly to song FAB.

* Added: Support for Bandcamp addon when sharing from Bandcamp.

* Changed: Apply album genres to songs for Plex as Plex does not support song genre but a few functions works better at song level.

* Changed: Another big internal change, as usual report issues and crashes to support.

* Fixed: A few music play count issues with Plex.

* Fixed: Playing media on some remote Plex clients, added support for volume control.

* Fixed: Some edge case of music playcount / lastplayed handling with local music player.

* Fixed: Browse SD Card from local device can sometimes be missing.

* Fixed: Offline filter for smart playlists.

* Fixed: Possible Plex loggin error with non primary accounts.

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq
#Yatse 10.3.0 just released.

* Added: Multiple personal mix generators (Albums, songs, decades) for optimized and pleasant library playing.
* Added: Experimental support for Plex home and managed users when logged in via Plex.tv accounts. (Please report back on this feature)
* Added: Local and network renderers now support more dynamic playlist allowing you to queue very large playlist without having to wait.
* Added: Yatse now gives more information about the offline reason and give advices on fixing your configuration.
* Added: For Kodi 19+ display more subtitles information like forced or default in subtitle selection list.
* Added: For Kodi 19+ better handling of some remote keys when Event Server is disabled.
* Added: Allow direct hosts and settings restore from file during first run.
* Changed: Limited cast dialog position changing by fixing it's size to avoid miss clicks when new renderers are discovered.
* Changed: Apply albums years to songs for Plex as Plex does not support song year, but some functions works better with song years.
* Fixed: Using Queue on Media Center share function sometimes did not start playback when nothing was playing.
* Fixed: Only update resume points and last played if the media is played a minimum amount of time.
* Fixed: Do not show non existent preferences during preference search.
* Fixed: Now playing image sometime missing.
* Fixed: Some other reported issues and always more optimizations.

• 1 month later...
Tolriq

Yatse 10.3.5 just released.

* Added: Added new plugin for integration with voice assistant like Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
* Added: New option to try to revert renderer to default when Yatse is started from launcher.
* Added: Voice command support for personal mixes, playlists and launching addons.
* Fixed: Fix BubbleUPnP not transcoding when using share functions.
* Fixed: Fix audio transcoding not properly updated during cellular to wifi network change.
* Fixed: Allow seeking in audio player during non seekable transcoding sessions.
* Fixed: Add back play album workaround for Kodi addons like Spotify.
* Fixed: Some download issue with multi selection.
* Fixed: Possible ordering issue when using Queue next.

https://community.yatse.tv/t/yatse-10-3-5-released/2831

Edited by Tolriq

• 1 month later...
Tolriq

Yatse 10.4.0 just released

* Changed: Many internal changes and library updates to prepare for Android 11.
* Added: Paste dialog (Long press keyboard button in remote screens) now allow sending of direct url for playback + added paste dialog custom command to increase discoverability.
* Added: New option to not use BubbleUPnP when streaming to local device.
* Added: New option to not sort PVR channel groups for channels filtering.
* Changed: Use different overlay icons to indicate partial offline status.
* Fixed: Possible wrong player used from voice assistant (Google Home/Alexa/...) integration plugin.
* Fixed: Jellyfin wrongly marking streamed media as played when it's not the case.
* Fixed: Some issues when importing exported playlists on other devices.
* Fixed: Try to workaround some devices issues reporting wrong connection status.
* Fixed: CPU usage after showing the now playing playlist.
* Fixed: Possible offline status issues after partial Tv Show sync.
* Fixed: Search when using both group by set and hide single video sets.

https://community.yatse.tv/t/yatse-10-4-0-released/2911

• 1 month later...
Tolriq

Yatse 10.4.5 released.

* Changed: Another big round of internal changes to improve performance and workaround Android Q/R bugs. Please report issues to support as usual.
* Changed: Removed option for now playing bar to hide on scrolling as there was many edge cases where it was impossible to bring it back without changing screen.
* Fixed: Removed option for now playing bar to hide on scrolling as there was many edge cases where it was impossible to bring it back without changing screen.
* Fixed: Slow casting of images when using Yatse addon.
* Fixed: Sometimes when starting a new song during cast the new song started at previous media position.
* Fixed: Improvements to AI voice commands handling to match media with similar names. Remember to contact support when the commands are badly understood to help training the AI.
* Fixed: Small UI details for Android 11.
* Fixed: Startup page sometimes not working.

https://community.yatse.tv/t/yatse-10-4-5-released/2987

jackmithen

Hello,

I have basic setup questions- I have set up Emby server on a LibreELEC machine, which is all working fine (except transcoding). I wish to cast to a chromecast using Emby to transcode media when necessary.

Can I use Yatse to cast, or do I (also) need to run the Emby android app?

If yes- does Emby need to be added as a media center to Yatse? (i.e. so I would switch from kodi to emby to cast to chromecast.

Thanks, I am confused by how best to set this up.