Yatse with Emby support

Tolriq

Tolriq

banner_dark_640.png

Since more and more users asked for it, I'm glad to announce native Emby server support for Yatse.

Full library sync, PVR, Offline media sync, transcoding, Chromecast are all supported.

App link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree

Edited by Tolriq
  • Like 10

aptalca

Tolriq, great to see you here.

I just switched from mysql to using emby server as the backend for kodi a few weeks back so I must say this is great timing [emoji1]

• 2 weeks later...
Tolriq

New Yatse version 7.5.5 with Emby no more labelled as Beta as all reported issues are fixed :)

Still a lot to implement and still no transcoding support yet but includes:

- Global library synchronisation with offline cache

- Media download for offline playing / streaming (sync back playback position and watched status on reconnect).

- Stream media to local device (Require external player for video), to Chromecast, UPnP or Kodi devices. (From local device, Kodi, Emby, ...)

- Can seamlessly move streaming from devices to devices, start on Kodi, migrate to local device when walking to bedroom then continue on bedroom Chromecast.

And lot's of other things not related to Emby.

• Like 5

aptalca

Hi Tolriq,

Do you have plans to use the emby.kodi queue sync plugin for incremental updates? The plugin stores database changes for each device since their last sync so when they connect again, they only sync the changes since the last sync which is much much quicker than a full sync.

Vidman

Hi Tolriq,

Do you have plans to use the emby.kodi queue sync plugin for incremental updates? The plugin stores database changes for each device since their last sync so when they connect again, they only sync the changes since the last sync which is much much quicker than a full sync.

This should not be needed with native emby support. What would be great is if all emby clients could be listed under the cast button as per other emby mobile apps ie: so yatse can remote control native emby clients the same way it can control kodi

Edited by Vidman

Tolriq

It would be needed if I did incremental sync as there's no other way to implement that (Yatse runs a phone, it can't be connected 100% to get all push notifications). But 1) I do not like to depends on something that is not native to Emby nor I have control over. 2) Since Kodi API suxx with non static media IDs the sync system is not made to do incremental update.

It update single elements, like a movie / show when browsing it, but library sync will stay full for now.

And yes having emby clients shown in the cast button is on the large todo, but again big change from Kodi that only have one, and my internal API was first made for it, so I need another big rewrite to handle this :(

• 2 weeks later...
PhillyFanInDetroit

@@Tolriq

Best...remote...ever, seriously man... keep up the great work and thank you for including Emby support, I have pitched in and bought the app and have never regretted the decision.

By the way, I know you don't get enough of this... but I love your new skin and layout, the hell with the haters bubba.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq

New Yatse release 7.6.5 with support for reverse proxy sub path when connecting to Emby as requested.

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq

New version 7.7.2

* Added: Support for external subtitles from Emby / Local device + Offline downloaded media to players that support them.
* Fixed: Continuation of internal code rewrites to remove all Kodi hacks from core. Emby transcoding is getting closer, if you have specific needs about those please contact us with details and information

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tolriq

New Yatse version 7.8.0

* Added: Started support for Emby transcoding. (See General/Expert settings for options).

* Added: Support of PVR, EPG and Recordings for Emby provider.

* Added: Support for Media Player Classic custom commands.

* Added: Compiled and optimized for Android O.

* Fixed: Quite a few details and improvements.

* Fixed: Most reported issues, as always only reported issues with details can be addressed.

• Like 1

aptalca

Hi Tolriq,

I have a bunch of kodi boxes and I used to use mysql to connect them. In Yatse, I had selected one as the master and linked the others' databases. It worked really well.

I have now switched to emby as the backend and all those kodi boxes are using the kodi emby addon that syncs the emby library to the local kodi libraries.

I think it would be great if I could select emby as the master database and link all those kodi boxes to it in Yatse.

Thanks

Tolriq

Well this is not really possible as the JSON API does not return all necessary information. (Unless there's some hidden data like with uniqueId but then not for music).

Yatse does correctly handle what is played / resume point and everything needed. So you can add Emby in Yatse then play anything on any Kodi by selecting your Kodi's in Yatse player target.

I don't thinking anything would be missing and if it was the case then just say :)

• 3 weeks later...
bigeyez

Hi

​I tried Yatse for Emby and it works for the most part it works beautifully but there  I had some crashes, refusing to play certain files, refusing to next song forward etc tyupe stuff which I think part of the development process. I hope the stability improves along the way.

Basically I recommend this tool to Emby users.

​Here is a small feature request list

​1) Rating/favoriting songs/albums

​2) Randomizing the playlist.

​3) The playlist should show the current song in shuffle mode when the playlist is open. It is kind of hard to find the curently playing song in a long playlist.

Edited by bigeyez

Tolriq

Stability can't improve without full report when someone have issue ;)

Please see https://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/knowledgebase/articles/20 for how to gather logs and opening a proper issue. (Last part only covers Kodi currently but can be skipped unless asked in the issue).

1) Is planned but Emby is quite different from others in the way that there's no user rating, just a favorite thing. When Kodi have a full 0-10 rating :( Ui is not ready for such drastic differences.

2) All is here, there's play random nearly everywhere and a random button in now playing to randomize the current queue. What is missing ?

bigeyez

Well there is shuffle, but the playlist is not randomized. Random play also creates an orderly playlist. The playlist is not randomized or shuffled after pressing on "play random all". I was more asking  a way to randomize the actual playlist.

​As far as the rating goes, I think even having favorite would be nice.

​One more thing, not sure if this is possible with the API. it would be nice what I play in Yatse is also listed under "recently played" in the Emby Web app. I am not seeing the played songs there.

​thanks

Edited by bigeyez

Tolriq

Please open issues at web site as asked :)

I do not understand your random shuffle issue. When in shuffle mode in Yatse, the playlist does not change it's order, but the songs are played randomly without duplicates. Don't know what you want more.

Yatse properly report to Emby what it plays so don't really know what you expect more.

bigeyez

"I do not understand your random shuffle issue. When in shuffle mode in Yatse, the playlist does not change it's order, but the songs are played randomly without duplicates. Don't know what you want more."

I asked for a "randomized playlist" or "randomizing the playlist" in which the songs are randomly ordered and shown  in the playlist, not shuffle play. They are not the same thing. You are a bit passive aggressive in this regard. I nicely asked for couple features, and I even gave positive review. Implementing any feature request or not implementing them is your business. I as a user reported what I saw as missing, shall I feel guilty about it?

​How am I supposed to know if Yatse reports to Emby properly as long as the played songs are not shown in Emby as recently played, which is what I am trying to figure out so that I can ask to the Emby devs.

​take it easy.

Tolriq

Well I'm not native English speaker, I did ask a few times to explain why it's different.

So as I said I'm sorry but I still have no idea about what you want and why it's different from what is actually done.

1) Shuffle is random just not displayed in the random order.

2) Play random is randomize the data and display the playlist in that order.

Both are present, so I'll ask again nicely: What is missing?

As obviously if I do not understand the need there's no way I can implement anything......

For the rest I keep asking you to open issues with logs, that you seems to be reluctant to do and expect me some miracle to give answer on things I just can't.

I'm not mentalist to know what happens on your device / Emby. Like when you say I had crash, it's just way to generic to be of any use for me.

Edited by Tolriq