Second Daily Episode Naming

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, there were some changes made a few weeks ago to give clearer differentiation where more than one episode was recorded of the same series in a single day. i'm not sure its working properly. today 2 episodes of emmerdale were recorded both show in the webclient and the android tv app as S48, E103 - Thurs 4 May 2017 Pt1 

this resulted in part 2 being played first 

Hi, can you please discuss the examples with a little more detail? Thanks !

maegibbons

Yes, I have seen this a lot.  It was the main reason that I asked ebr to include the TIME the recording was added to emby so you could see which "Coronation Street" to play 1st.

Have not looked in to whether it is an SD problem though.

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

Hi, can you please discuss the examples with a little more detail? Thanks !

its pretty straightforwards but see below59124c0233df3_embyparts.png

the one on the far right was part one, the one on the left should be part 2. but it is labelled incorrectly. as mark says we dont know whether the error is with Schedules Direct

the title of the episode would be whatever came from the guide data provider, in this case schedules direct. 

Spaceboy

the title of the episode would be whatever came from the guide data provider, in this case schedules direct.

So inaccurate epg data and supplying artwork in portrait rather than landscape. Any other issues with SD? It would be good to get the SD chap to chime in here too.

The artwork is not an SD problem. On their website you can log in and use their form to inquire about the title of the episode in question.

Spaceboy

The artwork is not an SD problem. On their website you can log in and use their form to inquire about the title of the episode in question.

so you agree the artwork is an Emby problem?

Spaceboy

so you agree the artwork is an Emby problem?

there is a plus side to this. i'm getting better at identifying people by their nostrils and mouths as thats the only part of them i ever see in the program artwork!  :D

• Like 1

Spaceboy

i find this explanation to be unlikely. I've looked at todays episodes of the same program, again there are two on the same day. They do not contain any reference to the episode part, in fact it would be wrong for them to do so as they are not two parts of the same episode. I've also never seen this before, it only started occurring after the changes were made in Emby. Unfortunately i dont have the smoking gun of the epg data for last weeks programs because its history and thats not retained.

so, instead we'll have to see how todays recordings pan out. here is what it looks like at present in the epg for later today:

59144bbb95597_Capture.png

absolutely no sign of any episode detail appended to the title here is the detail for one episode:

59144c0866977_Capture.png

still no part detail. So lets see how these are shown tonight. I am pretty certain that its Emby thats appending this (incorrect) episode detail, its not in the epg data naturally and SD didn't decide to change the way they did things just for one program on one day, in one week

That one is marked as a repeat even though it says it's original air date is today and  it is the first of the two...

Spaceboy

they are both new episodes and i want both recorded. i can't answer for the "quality" of the SD data

Spaceboy

That one is marked as a repeat even though it says it's original air date is today and  it is the first of the two...

so does anyone know how the naming of multiple episodes recorded on the same day is supposed to work? the change wasnt really well discussed and i'm back to seeing the second episode with a simple -1 appended to the title.

Although i did ignore luke and changed my install back to stable so perhaps these changes havent been implemented in stable yet?

• 1 year later...
maegibbons

So I know that I have seen a recent post on this matter but this is the only one I can find now.

The last two beta's have made this situation MUCH WORSE.

Up until last week the two daily episodes of Emmerdale and Coronation street were recorded by date and time and FILED in the database as such.

Since Friday .75 i believe, the first episodes are being matched to the right Episode number (Part 1)  BUT the second episode is being labelled as Another version of the 1st episode!!!

I.e you have to drop down the multiversion drop down and select the seconf file even though this should be recognised as a completey seperate episode.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

maegibbons

@@Luke

I found the other thread after posting here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65953-tv-show-showing-as-two-versions-when-should-be-episodes/&do=findComment&comment=659988

You have seen and replied in that thread - so whilst the same issue, ignore this one for now.

Krs

Mark