Shield TV 2017 playing Hi-Res FLAC

cchsieh
Go to solution Solved by cchsieh,

I sent the log around 2019/2/12 22:04 GMT+8 and the login name of Emby app is hsieh .

I played The Beatles - Love Me Do (24bit/96khz) and Prince - Around The World In A Day (24bit/192khz) ...

Sorry for replying so late because of vacation.

Can you please just play one item for a few seconds and then immediately send the log after that?  I am not seeing any playback in the logs you are sending because there is too much other activity.

Thanks.

I sent the log again around 2019/2/15 10:33 GMT+8 after playing the file about 5 seconds. I played a 24bit/192khz FLAC file "Concerto for Violin and Orchestra D major Op. 35 - I. Allegro moderato - Jonathan Darlington - Duisburger Philharmoniker, Susanna Yoko Henkel".

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hi.  I believe the library we are using to pass this through is downsampling it.  It isn't clear at this point if we can change that.

Bill4sman

I tested Emby for Android TV v1.5.45g today. And It can play 88.2khz/96khz/176.4khz/192khz two channel FLACs corretly.

Thank you very much!!!

Emby does NOT play 192/24bit so show me some logs and some proof, otherwise this is AN OPEN ISSUE!

• 2 months later...