Emby repeating loses Database

nissl

Hi guys,

I don't know if I have the same issue, I'm worthless at Linux overall but trying to learn more and more.

My issue is that my Emby-server randomly just stops working on my Ubuntu 17.04.

I try to run "sudo service emby-server start" when it stops working but that doesn't help so I have to restart my whole server.

​I have my shares mapped via fstab if that helps anything but I guess this isn't the issue as the same shares have been used by Plex earlier and worked like a charm.

My Emby server is like 2 weeks old and I have had it updated 2 times I think but no update solved it.

I have attached a Log-file that I took right after I restarted my server.

Any help I can get is much appreciated!

Hi there, welcome. Please start your own topic and provide the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks !

So now i solved this issue i got the next. The major issue from the topic is not yet proven to be resolved. 

But now it is not possible to change the streams language. Means if i stream a movie or episode to my smartphone i have the (i guess default) english stream language and there is no possibility to change that anymore. 

I remember a few weeks ago i was able to change that when it happened by tabbing at the note symbol (this also worked while i cast media to chromecast) but now the note symbol disappeared.

Also strange and maybe (part of) the cause, Media Info at the Movies window is showing less than before. It says only:

Media Info

Container: mkv

Path smb://172.16.20.5/Movies/Movie.mkv

Formerly there was many many more info such cryptical stuff from mkvinfo or what ever it was. But maybe this also contains the needed information regarding available Audio tracks.

Edit: as Usual i provide the logs:

server-log:  http://paste.ubuntu.com/24536862/

ffmpeg-log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24536867/

Ok in this example the german track is default, but i can not switch to english then... 
title : Jurassic Park 3 (2001) [Encode von iNCEPTiON]
Stream #0:1(ger): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s (default)
Metadata:
title : Deutsch DTS 5.1 @ 768Kbps
Stream #0:2(eng): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s
I hope there is a simple solution for it. 

Thanks

The reason its' not there is because we don't have any media info, because at the time we tried to probe the media, it failed due to the ffmpeg build. Now that you've updated ffmpeg, try refreshing the media from the web app detail screen by clicking the 3-dot menu -> refresh. 

nissl

Thanks Luke i tried it the way you mentioned but that doesn't helps. 

Maybe when i remove the path from the library and rescan it freom scratch. 

This is currently ongoing. 

nissl

Ok a conclusion to the mystery regarding Media Info.

What ever program is getting media info it can not analyse the data in a smb:// location.

This is obviously causing issues not only to ffmpeg in that release.

Also, since i switched back to the local mount (1st post) i'm afraid to experience the same issues again, losing the database all the time, the only thing i changed is "realtime monitoring" to disabled.

Edited by nissl

Are you possibly running a library scan with your media disconnected?

nissl

I run a library scan, but as I mentioned before, the media is always available on a 24/7 nas

The main Problem with this is, that every time the library will be scraped again some of the movies are wrong discovered.

So this is really annoying because i need to check those movies and identify them manually.

That problem still has a big impact to me because, when i go to bed and want to stream a few episodes it happens, that there is nothing in the library anymore.

I really need to fix / need a fix for that.

Edited by nissl

macarrizo

I had this problem and as far as could I figure out it was smb timing out and not reconnecting. I have a Ubuntu 16.04 server and my media is on a FreeNAS. I mount the share using an fstab entry. After being rock solid for a year, all of the sudden, I had pretty much the same problem nissl is having. I noticed that the share was not available after a short period of time. I would run the command sudo mount -a and everything worked until the next time it disconnected. What fixed it for me was going into the FreeNAS smb service and adding "deadtime = 0" in the auxiliary parameters box which adds that parameter to the global section of the smb.conf file. After that, it has been rock solid again. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

nissl

This is an Asustor nas not really sure how much I can change in those "hidden" settings but give it a try. I will report here in both cases.

Regards

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue - ubuntu 16.04 with SMB shares mounted via fstab. Mine are being served from a windows 2008 server but otherwise the situation is identical, library being cleaned almost to nothing (I seem to keep about 10 or so TV shows). Re-scanning the library will generally re-populate but it is getting quite frustrating to sit down and find there is nothing available in the library. Been happening since about 3.2.12 I think, currently I am on 3.2.15.

nissl

Seems my issue is gone since I changes the setting @@macarrizo mentioned, so good.

Many may thanks to all who followed this thread.

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

In case anyone else is reading this with similar issues, there appears to be an issue with CIFS in ubuntu 16.04 following a recent kernel update;

https://askubuntu.com/questions/910058/updates-broke-cifs-smb-mounts-in-16-04?rq=1

I believe this is kernel version 4.4.0-78 (since that is what I am running) but someone with more linux knowledge than I can probably confirm. Might be an issue from 4.4.0-75 on perhaps judging from that thread. Mounts will work initially but after a period of not being accessed they drop off and do not reliably return.

I have attempted to address this by adding "vers=2.0" to the relevant line in my fstab file like so;

//serverIP/shared /mnt/servername/all cifs vers=2.0,credentials=/location/of/credentials/.file,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

There is a recommendation to use vers=3.0 but that gives me a mount error - presumably because my target server is 2008R2 and doesn't support SMB3.

I'll update this thread if the vers=2.0 switch does not fix the issue.

Edited by kyoj