Emby repeating loses Database

nissl

nissl

Hi there,

i have a problem with Emby Server in Version 3.2.13.0 . After a while (i could not yet observe the exact period)

Emby "cleans up" the entire Database, even if the files have not been changed/moved, they disappear from the Database.

I locate them with an fstab mounted smb share with the following line

fstab: //nas/movies /media/movies cifs guest 0  0

from the OS view the Media location is browseable and the media files are readable (tested with 'cat').

For Information, I'm running emby on Ubuntu Server Ubuntu 17.04 (GNU/Linux 4.10.0-20-generic x86_64)

Any suggestions ? 

Thanks and best regards. 

Dennis 

nissl

Sure here you go.

it is from yesterday when the anomaly probably happened. 

Otherwise we have to wait until it happens again.

Regards

log.txt

Is your media on a separate device? Are you possibly running a library scan with your media disconnected?

nissl

Yes seperate device but it is on a 24/7 NAS, so the scheduled library scan will always be able to locate the media

Ok, next time it happens please capture the server log from that time frame. thanks !

nissl

No i dont. 

I just mount the remote share as mentioned with fstab with cifs. On the NAS the media just lays in the Share as mkv. Nothing done regarding sym links.

Then the media will all be discovered over a few hours and all of a sudden during the night it cleans up the database.

Maybe it is interesting, that a new scan which i triggered now starts a new update and the media slowly apperars back in the WebGui.

I also tried already to use the share directly, means media path \\nas\movies in emby. but this failed completely. It won't even start to scan the media from that path. Looks like it can not access the location. 

But in the "Add new library" dialogue it shows the subfolders in the path \\nas\movies (like \\nas\movies\3D and stuff).

Hope that helps

nissl

Hi guys.

It happened again sometimes during this day the database is currently refreshing all data but first it cleaned everything up.

Logs will be provided shortly

Edit: 

Attatched the promised log from yesterday and today. 

Sorry for bothering, but this is a major problem to me.

I hope someone might help me. 

Is there anything else i can try in the meanwhile ? Some suggestions why the "UNC" path (\\nas\movies\..) not worked ?

log4.5.log

log5.5.log

Edited by nissl

nissl

Im Sorry but the problem appeared again. 
Does no one have an idea, at least what i can try?

is there any explanation why the direkt network path won´t work ?

What else information do you need for a further diagnosis ?

I'm desperate

Thanks.. 

Edit: 

I post here the output of mount -l for the shares with the media, 

maybe this helps a bit with troubleshooting:

//nas/movies on /media/movies type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=none,cache=strict,domain=,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=172.16.20.5,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)
//nas/series on /media/series type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=none,cache=strict,domain=,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=172.16.20.5,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)

Edited by nissl

HI, please update to Emby Server 3.2.14, and then let's re-evaluate. Thanks !

nissl

Thanks for reply Luke

I did the update this afternoon.

First of all I managed it to insert the library with its "UNC" path (smb://nas/movies)

but now EmbyServer won't even start. 

this is what cat /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63629787837.txt contains: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24532308/

It seems now it has become even worse...  :(

Go go

/var/lib/emby-server/root/default

find all options.xml files recursively, and set EnableRealtimeMonitor to false in all of them.

nissl

emby is driving me nuts, 

not it scraped the database with the smb path but streaming is not working with the error: 

ffmpeg version 3.2.4-1build2 Copyright © 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (Ubuntu 6.3.0-8ubuntu1) 20170221
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=1build2 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libebur128 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
  libavutil      55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101
  libavcodec     57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101
  libavformat    57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
  libavdevice    57.  1.100 / 57.  1.100
  libavfilter     6. 65.100 /  6. 65.100
  libavresample   3.  1.  0 /  3.  1.  0
  libswscale      4.  2.100 /  4.  2.100
  libswresample   2.  3.100 /  2.  3.100
  libpostproc    54.  1.100 / 54.  1.100
smb://172.16.20.5/Serien/Anger Management/Staffel 2/Anger Management - S02E09 - Charlie Im Kreuzverhör.mkv: Protocol not found
Did you mean file:smb://172.16.20.5/Serien/Anger Management/Staffel 2/Anger Management - S02E09 - Charlie Im Kreuzverhör.mkv?

damn...

Our native smb support is brand new. Thanks, this is resolved for the next release.

Actually I think the issue is that ffmpeg needs to be compiled with smb support.

nissl

and what does that mean? Do you think using the local mount and the smb path makes any difference at all ?

I mean in terms of the main issue [emoji12]

Edited by nissl

nissl

I compiled ffmpeg with smb support, and playback works again. Let's see what happens to the library over Time.

Regards

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

nissl

So now i solved this issue i got the next. The major issue from the topic is not yet proven to be resolved. 

But now it is not possible to change the streams language. Means if i stream a movie or episode to my smartphone i have the (i guess default) english stream language and there is no possibility to change that anymore. 

I remember a few weeks ago i was able to change that when it happened by tabbing at the note symbol (this also worked while i cast media to chromecast) but now the note symbol disappeared.

Also strange and maybe (part of) the cause, Media Info at the Movies window is showing less than before. It says only:

Media Info
Container: mkv

Path smb://172.16.20.5/Movies/Movie.mkv

Formerly there was many many more info such cryptical stuff from mkvinfo or what ever it was. But maybe this also contains the needed information regarding available Audio tracks.

Edit: as Usual i provide the logs:

server-log:  http://paste.ubuntu.com/24536862/

ffmpeg-log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24536867/

Ok in this example the german track is default, but i can not switch to english then... 
title : Jurassic Park 3 (2001) [Encode von iNCEPTiON]
Stream #0:1(ger): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s (default)
Metadata:
title : Deutsch DTS 5.1 @ 768Kbps
Stream #0:2(eng): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s
I hope there is a simple solution for it. 

Thanks
Edited by nissl

Arelion

Hi guys,

I don't know if I have the same issue, I'm worthless at Linux overall but trying to learn more and more.

My issue is that my Emby-server randomly just stops working on my Ubuntu 17.04.
I try to run "sudo service emby-server start" when it stops working but that doesn't help so I have to restart my whole server.
​I have my shares mapped via fstab if that helps anything but I guess this isn't the issue as the same shares have been used by Plex earlier and worked like a charm.

My Emby server is like 2 weeks old and I have had it updated 2 times I think but no update solved it.

I have attached a Log-file that I took right after I restarted my server.

Any help I can get is much appreciated!

Edited by Arelion