Scan Percent Complete indicator

RobWayBro

RobWayBro

Hopefully this is a simple request.

Would it be possible to include a percentage indicator on the scan slider on the Library window where the scan button is located?  Interestingly enough, I noticed there is a percentage indicator for the scan completion on the Dashboard, but there is not a button to start a scan on the dashboard.

Thanks for the product and consideration.

• Like 4

Happy2Play

Dashboard and Library indicators are nice but why not look at Scheduled Tasks as it shows all with percentages?

RobWayBro

I am not as concerned about looking at the scheduled tasks, but when I move media to my storage location and then manually initiate a scan, it would be nice to see the percentage on the same page that I initiated the scan from instead of having to go to another location.

Honestly, I didn't look to see if the 'scheduled tasks' area displayed the percentage indicator when manually initiating a scan, as that is no different then initiating the scan in the Library and then going to the Dashboard.

Your indication that there is a percentage indicator on the Scheduled Task page further adds to the fact that this should be a simple code copy to implement.  The percentage indicator is displaying in 2 areas already, so making it available on the Library page should be easy, not require additional resources and very convenient.

• 4 months later...
joshhuggins

I'd like to second this wish and adding a cancel scan button as well. Seems like these should have been in the library before the dashboard since what it's displaying/working with is directly related to the library.

Edited by joshhuggins

RobWayBro

On the Settings - Manage Server - Library page.

This is where I will initiate manual scans, but this page does not have a percentage complete indicator.

59cd5d997d692_emby_noindicator.png

Happy2Play

On the Settings - Manage Server - Library page.

This is where I will initiate manual scans, but this page does not have a percentage complete indicator.

59cd5d997d692_emby_noindicator.png

Okay but it does tell you what library is being scanned and what percentage complete.

RobWayBro

Very true, but the indicators within each library are for the library whereas the one on the Dashboard is overall percentage when initiating a full scan of all libraries. 

Fair point I guess.  When you said it didn't have the indicator, we were thinking you meant there was no indication at all - not just that the numbers weren't there.  There is a visual representation of the % complete.

Also, this progress percentage is not really all that meaningful because the only gauge we have to calculate it is not linear in terms of execution time.  Just something to be aware of.

RobWayBro

Thanks much.  I do realize this is a general indicator and extremely minor overall and just a visual indicator of what is happening.

I do appreciate not only the Emby product, but the team behind Emby.

• 2 months later...
RobWayBro

I have wanted to say thank you for the indicator bar on the library screen.  I do find it helpful.

• 3 years later...
Richard Branches

Hello Luke, don't forget to add this, I didn't see it in the latest beta.