No Compatible Streams

nagetech

Just got this error.  This time it was a popup instead of the red slide out.  After I clicked OK, the screen just went black so I can't send a log.

Server Log

Are you running the beta or released version?

Farfignugget

@@ebr, Just sent a log through the app

Finally was able to continue in the app after getting the error.

Server - server

User - Dad

1:31 am

I'm still able to use the app to navigate around but everything i try to play gives me the error until i restart.

I'm not sure if it's even possible this could be related to subtitles, but just to give you some info. i was testing subtitles for the issue in the other thread so i turned them to always on (on dashboard and in roku settings) and this error came up after about every other movie i played. I'll test more tonight.

Edited by Farfignugget

@@ebr, Just sent a log through the app

Finally was able to continue in the app after getting the error.

Server - server

User - Dad

1:31 am

I'm still able to use the app to navigate around but everything i try to play gives me the error until i restart.

I'm not sure if it's even possible this could be related to subtitles, but just to give you some info. i was testing subtitles for the issue in the other thread so i turned them to always on (on dashboard and in roku settings) and this error came up after about every other movie i played. I'll test more tonight.

The item in question was "Arrival"?

If you turn off the subs does it play?

Also, you should have seen two error messages.  Can you tell me exactly what each one of them said?

• 1 month later...
rfischer1984

I get this compatible stream error as well. I end up exiting emby and starting it back and it works, but that can get annoying. I am using the production version and I have a roku premier+ 

• 4 months later...

I get this error as well. Exiting the app and restarting seems to be the only fix.

Attached are server logs. 

Roku app 3.0.54

Server 3.2.36.0

• Like 1

hi there @@gold1, i would suggest installing the latest version of emby server from the emby website, on top of your existing version. please let us know if this helps. thanks !

I've observed the "no compatible streams" issue as well. I've added some content here as it seems to be related to captions (at least for me). Specifically, when I change states for captions via Roku during playback (either enabling or disabling captions) the next item will show the "no compatible streams" box followed blackness - takes a restart of the emby app to resolve.  I can back out of the black screen, navigate around, and sometimes get a different item to play - most of the time I get the same "no compatible streams" box followed by blackness.I usually have to restart the emby roku app to resolve.

Upon restarting, I've noticed that whatever state captions were in holds for a specific episode. Or, if I was watching S01E04 and enable captions while watching that episode, S01E05 won't start and will generate the "no compatible streams" issue, I will have to restart the app. Once I restart the emby roku app and play from a scene in S01E04, captions will still be enabled and S01E05 will automatically start fine (as long as I don't enable or disable captions via the roku).

I've tried enabling captions during an episodes playback and then disable captions before that episode ends. When I do this, I still get the "no compatible streams" issue. The "no compatible streams" issue only seems to happen when I change caption states during playback.

Thought my observations might help - let me know if you have any other questions.. 

DCA

Edited by dcauger

Cheeseburger

I had the problem with "no compatible streams" as well, with a Roku Express, (up to date non-beta app, non-beta server, local network) a few weeks ago but have not used it since. It seemed to be fairly random, and strangely enough I found that you could bring up the Roku Thumbnails (those from the Roku Thumbnails plugin) and just jump in at another location of the video, and it would start playing normally.

I've observed the "no compatible streams" issue as well. I've added some content here as it seems to be related to captions (at least for me). Specifically, when I change states for captions via Roku during playback (either enabling or disabling captions) the next item will show the "no compatible streams" box followed blackness - takes a restart of the emby app to resolve.  I can back out of the black screen, navigate around, and sometimes get a different item to play - most of the time I get the same "no compatible streams" box followed by blackness.I usually have to restart the emby roku app to resolve.

Upon restarting, I've noticed that whatever state captions were in holds for a specific episode. Or, if I was watching S01E04 and enable captions while watching that episode, S01E05 won't start and will generate the "no compatible streams" issue, I will have to restart the app. Once I restart the emby roku app and play from a scene in S01E04, captions will still be enabled and S01E05 will automatically start fine (as long as I don't enable or disable captions via the roku).

I've tried enabling captions during an episodes playback and then disable captions before that episode ends. When I do this, I still get the "no compatible streams" issue. The "no compatible streams" issue only seems to happen when I change caption states during playback.

Thought my observations might help - let me know if you have any other questions.. 

DCA

On which version of the app?

If not on beta, can you try that one?

Primetime

no compatible streams same issue here on roku ultra...also the ultra is not letting me switch audio tracks..if i switch on the fly from 5.1 to stereo aac it just reloads and gos back to the 5.1....i also have a roku 3 and it has none of these problems

I'm also experiencing this issue using the Roku app.  I sent the logs at approximately 7:43pm EST time from the app.

My server version is currently: Version 3.2.50.0

Basic process to reproduce.  Start a movie, in this case I chose Cocktail because it was easily accessible.  Once the movie started playing, I switched the captions from the default English track to off.  Once the playback started again, I stopped playback.  I then switched to a different movie, The Revenant, and was able to get the No Compatible streams error.

Iv had this - but so rarely I just assumed it was a comms glitch or something.  I just exit roku and re-enter - no biggie for me as I only get it once every few weeks or so.  Others seem to be getting it more.  Cany help with any logs as so infrequent.

Here is the server log from the day that I forced the issue to happen.

This behavior was in the beta app.  I have also observed the behavior in the standard app.

@@mottsen this is just a video file in your library, right?

Primetime

Luke here is my server log.All info is good info.Never know what may help. I initially said i was having zero issues on the roku 3 it was roku ultra related only.I went to devices and removed the ultra and the roku 3 thinking maybe that will help.Logged back in on ultra same problems.Logged in with roku 3 now it has same issues as ultra.On the roku 3 now to  App: Returning error code NoCompatibleStream line 2586 in notepad++..

To make it exhibit this error is very easy.Play a file and in app while file is playing or paused change audio track or select a subtitle..file reloads with sub playing..hit back,,select a different file to play,no compatible stream error occurs.I am also having problems switching audio tracks as i said in earlier post but now its on both rokus.Thanks and hope some of this info helps.

server-63651280377.txt

Luke here is my server log.All info is good info.Never know what may help. I initially said i was having zero issues on the roku 3 it was roku ultra related only.I went to devices and removed the ultra and the roku 3 thinking maybe that will help.Logged back in on ultra same problems.Logged in with roku 3 now it has same issues as ultra.On the roku 3 now to  App: Returning error code NoCompatibleStream line 2586 in notepad++..

To make it exhibit this error is very easy.Play a file and in app while file is playing or paused change audio track or select a subtitle..file reloads with sub playing..hit back,,select a different file to play,no compatible stream error occurs.I am also having problems switching audio tracks as i said in earlier post but now its on both rokus.Thanks and hope some of this info helps.

Can you please try with the beta version?

Primetime

Same exact issues on beta version ebr.I can get this error any time by choice by following process above.

Edited by Primetime